"Heritage" layouts

Started by Dragonfly, January 10, 2007, 12:55:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sweetalk

Nice work Dragonfly.... I have the Phase 90 artwork if you like it, with photos (I made it to show a mod more simply). PM me if you want it!!!! ;)

blanik

well, when i said "we" all agreed on the moral issue i was refering to the previous posts, it seemed all the shadows were about the legal issues and eveyone was enjoying the layouts...
and i know posting it outside the USA doesn't make it "legal", i'm just trying to come up with solutions to this... personally i'm not interested in vintage layouts but i think it's important to have those for knowledge base...

(RG) it seem your personnal experience with cheaters made you edgy about this subject and i understand that but if someone traces vintage effects for "educationnal purposes" and someone else (Black Bart) uses them wrongfully and sells them, who will get sued by the companie... probably the guy selling the effects... (but then in the US, the grandmother of the guy could probably get sued too i guess...  :icon_confused:)

lol
anyway this is more a moral vs. legal debate than i thought...

i have difficulties getting to understand the american litigious mentality... (the famous $12M McDonalds coffee lawsuit for example) in canada it would be more: I'll post the layouts, if no one complains they stay there, if the company complains, i'll remove them... end of story.  :icon_smile:
i work as a paramedic in montreal... i never had a lawyer chasing me on a call  :icon_lol:

Dragonfly

Quote from: blanik on January 12, 2007, 02:58:30 PM

I'll post the layouts, if no one complains they stay there, if the company complains, i'll remove them... end of story.  :icon_smile:

As the guy who "made" the layouts and artwork, I'll ask you kindly to "not" post them. If there "are" any legal repercussions, "I" would be the person liable.

Thanks,
  AC

snap

Quote... personally i'm not interested in vintage layouts but i think it's important to have those for knowledge base...

for a knowledge base
it suffices to depict them
without the need
to repeat them.

blanik

Quote from: Dragonfly on January 12, 2007, 03:13:03 PM
Quote from: blanik on January 12, 2007, 02:58:30 PM

I'll post the layouts, if no one complains they stay there, if the company complains, i'll remove them... end of story.  :icon_smile:

As the guy who "made" the layouts and artwork, I'll ask you kindly to "not" post them. If there "are" any legal repercussions, "I" would be the person liable.

Thanks,
  AC

i was talking at the third person... as if i was you doing the same thing in canada.. i had no intention of posting the layouts anywhere  :icon_wink:

Dragonfly

blanik

sorry for the cultural misinterpretation (english is my second language)...

anyway this tread has gone for wayyy to long now  :icon_eek:

if you remove the layouts i'll respect that 100% it's just plain boring to get to a point where you have to do this "just in case" cause they're kind of cool (in a novelty item kind of way)

well, let's call this a tread....  :icon_rolleyes:

R.