You know you're addicted when....

Started by Hiwatt25, January 20, 2007, 06:31:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JimRayden

Quote from: The Tone God on January 21, 2007, 06:40:14 PM
Yeah those sublimation printers are fun. Some laser labellers have black background with white text available. Even some metallic looking labels.

Andrew

I'm getting scared barely thinking what their cartridges could cost...

---------
Jimbo

The Tone God

Quote from: JimRayden on January 22, 2007, 05:15:01 AM

From what I remember they didn't cost a huge amount more then the standard cartridges. Maybe 50% more for the odd ones. The trouble is really finding them in a store especially the metallic style ones. I stick plastic labels for the known durability, cost, availability.

Andrew

Chuck

Here's a link to Alps supplies.
http://bigbuys.com/alps/md1000.htm  (picked this at random).
The MD1000 and MD4000 both use the same.
It is easier to get drivers for the MD4000.  The MD1000 only work on parallel port.  USB adapters don't work for the 1000.
Its probably easier to print on the 4000, but I do good.  If you're only doing one color, you can print from anything and select white (or whatever) as the spot color and it prints that.

Chuck

That stuff SmallBear sells to disolve decals works great.  I wish I knew what it was.

Chuck

Quote from: The Tone God on January 22, 2007, 02:25:54 PM
Quote from: JimRayden on January 22, 2007, 05:15:01 AM

From what I remember they didn't cost a huge amount more then the standard cartridges. Maybe 50% more for the odd ones. The trouble is really finding them in a store especially the metallic style ones. I stick plastic labels for the known durability, cost, availability.

Andrew

They still make the cartridges.  Aftermarket makes them anyway.