may queen aggro

Started by turing, February 08, 2007, 02:59:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

turing

ah, first time back on the forum for a while, been busy with the studio and finally dug out the soldering iron again. built myself a blues driver from ggg, and a may queen from rog, thinking that the former would provide tone, and then a little acceleration from the latter.
they both work fine in isolation, pin voltages as per spec, but when i put them in together the sound almost disappears - still signal present but less than half the volume and all but a tiny bit of treble scooped out.
weird. any thoughts would be greatly appreciated as always.

mattpocket

in my limited knowledge, doesnt something like this happen when there is a bias problem... not that I can help, but I am just posting now so I can see how close I am to the truth...

feel free to laugh when I am wrong, so wrong! haha
Built: LofoMofo, Dist+, Active AB Box, GGG 4 Channel Mixer, ROG Omega
On the Bench:Random Number Generator, ROG Multi-face, Speak & Spell
--------------------------------------------
My Pop-Punk Band - www.myspace.com/stashpocket

markm

Is it that they sound out-of-phase perhaps?

snoof

def sounds like an out of phase situation, but that can't happen in series, only parallel.  Hmmmmm.

Torchy

First off, I cant find a Blues Driver project at GGG - Blue Magic and Bluesbreaker but no Blues Driver.

Sounds like an impedance or loading issue ... I'd look at the input/output impedances of both, maybe tack a buffer on to one of them ?

turing

whoops i meant to say blues breaker from ggg. and yes it does sound a lot like they're out of phase. they're both in the same box, with 3pdt switches wired together, the blues breaker first then the may queen. buffers eh? never had to dip my toe in those waters yet so i've got some reading to do. any recommendations for that?