News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

LOGO needed

Started by aron, January 24, 2007, 08:54:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

idlechatterbox

Quote from: aron on January 29, 2007, 09:07:35 PM
I guess I will make the call myself, but darn, these logos look so good!!!!!!! It will be hard to decide!

The Logo submissions are works of art. Could the ones that don't "win" be displayed in one of the galleries? That way people with an artistic bent, and a lot of time on their hands, could continually "submit" new ones, the way that new twists on the enclosure idea are posted in the "Pics" thread. Then, maybe if it's not too much of a pain, the Logo could every now and then change, similar to how Google adapts its logo to various events or holidays, etc. Just a thought.

Either way, impressive submissions guys  :icon_biggrin:

KerryF

PKV- Cool stompbox color.  I just ordered a few boxes to enclose my Vintage Boosts that are that blue color  ;)

idle- good idea about the gallery and switching off logos.  i like it.

PKV

Quote from: call1800ksmyazz on January 31, 2007, 09:42:37 PM
PKV- Cool stompbox color.  I just ordered a few boxes to enclose my Vintage Boosts that are that blue color  ;)

idle- good idea about the gallery and switching off logos.  i like it.

Thanks Kerry...and I think the gallery is a great idea - maybe not just for site logos either :icon_cool:

blanik

Quote from: idlechatterbox on January 31, 2007, 09:41:00 PM
Then, maybe if it's not too much of a pain, the Logo could every now and then change, similar to how Google adapts its logo to various events or holidays, etc. Just a thought.

Either way, impressive submissions guys  :icon_biggrin:

it's a common idea to change the look now and then to "spice" thing up but it's very bad marketing strategy, the action of giving a new look to something and develop it is called branding and companies who do change their look always do it for a specific purpose (and usually they change the look but keep (or adapt) their existing logo)

it just depends on what Aron wants to do with this page...
i guess for a forum like this one, he can change the look every year or so since it's probably not his full time revenue but if he want ot establish this page as THE diy ressource (wich i think it already is  ;) ) he'd better keep thing slightly pro looking... (so the first time visitor doesn't realize we're just a bunch of obsessed argumentative loonies...  :icon_lol:)

R

R

choklitlove

aron, with this new change in appearance, how about a few new boards?

i think these would be really beneficial:

DIY Amps
Manufactured Stompbox Repair
DIY Synths/Noisemakers

i had more, but i forget them now...
my band.                    my DIY page.                    my solo music.

The Tone God

Quote from: choklitlove on February 02, 2007, 01:47:13 AM
aron, with this new change in appearance, how about a few new boards?

This is getting out of scope of the topic but I was expecting it as whenever there is talk about changes someone always suggests more forums. Suggestions are always welcomed and appreciated but it is my experience that more forums does not make for a better board. Unless there is a strong trend that emerges that seems to clog up a forum I think the way the forum is organized is just perfect for our current needs. :)

Andrew

blindsjc

Really sorry about to be off topic,
But I'm always off topic with my questions about amplifier and etc.
I really love the idea of "diyAmps".

I don't know how to say it, with my poor english,
just think that a lot of people in this forum feels like me,
this forum is so good, the people here is so good, every
search brings so much good information that the only way
to define all this is love. Love by a lot of resistors and caps
that put together bring music to our lives.

I think that all the suggestions people put here is
feeling the same thing I feel, like these lines above.

again... sorry about bad english...

Thanks

The Tone God

My feeling with the DIY amps suggestion is that this board's focus is on stompboxes. We do occasionally have a crossover of topics but this forum has a focus and one that it does very well. Keeping that focus I believe has been a major factor to the success of this forum. There are other amp forums out there that cover these topics so I don't see the need for us to repeat and treed on their territory.

Just my opinion. :)

Andrew

choklitlove

you might be right.  i would love to get all of my interests in one place though.  it gets kind of old going from forum to forum for things that are very similar, especially with the basics.

rockgardenlove

I don't think a DIY amps forum would be useful really.  There are already established tube and solid state amp forum out there.  We could make one here, but it seems to me that all the amp guys are already concentrated other places.  We should just keep doing what we do best.   ;)

choklitlove

i think it also comes from how much we love this community.  we want to talk to the people here, even if it's about other things.  things that don't belong in the lounge either.

blanik

just depends if you want to be good at many things or excellent at one...  :)

Steben

And when we DO have a question about amps, it certainly won't be unanswered "by principle".

The ruby, little gem, etc... are "amps", not?  ;D
  • SUPPORTER
Rules apply only for those who are not allowed to break them

caress

JimRayden

But... none of them is DIY... ::)

--------
Jimbo

caress

ok ok ok you're right... :D  found that pic on the web!  this one's from the forum...here's the real diy

blanik

caress

i just googled vintage effects pedals, looked in images and found it.  it comes from a studio called sonic ranch.  they have all those pedals plus another pic just like that one...ridiculous.  i liked the colors and the texture of the photo and thought it would make a good logo image...true though, no diy there.

The Tone God

Nice pics but I don't think we want a logo that uses someone else's pictures without permission.

Andrew

choklitlove

it's a nice idea, though.  it has a really nice sophisticated feel to it.  maybe someone can take a picture of their huge collection in a long straight line.  then the logo could fit across the top.

it's in my head, and it looks good but it's hard to explain...