News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

LOGO needed

Started by aron, January 24, 2007, 08:54:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

keko

I like nº 2 better.
Nº 8 is fine, but tha "can" transistor is way cooler.

I don't like Nº 7. I read something like Bloomingdales... sorry.

I'd go with number 2 again, with some touch ups. Id' look for a new font. That one loos bulky, too heavy, and old. This is an online forum.
Maybe in a couple of days I can sugges a few ones.
.::keko::.
www.qpd.cl // desahógate ahora!
www.basa.cl // Digital « Design » Atelier

keko

...so, I took the liberty to modify entry Nº2 (blindsjc, I hope you don't mind), changing the font.

This way (nevermind the color) you separate the three words in the frase using different body weights, but still get a single-word readability. I believe that the use of a more contemporary font-face is also a positive atribute. BTW, the font used is named Delicious, free for personal and commercial use.

.::keko::.
www.qpd.cl // desahógate ahora!
www.basa.cl // Digital « Design » Atelier

Joecool85

Wow, you guys are really going to town on this.  Great ideas.  While you are at it, someone should design a favicon.  I came up with a few and emailed aron back and forth with them, but none of them were really standout awesome.  So, lets see those favicons as well.
Life is what you make it.
https://www.ssguitar.com

Zero

Quote from: The Tone God on February 06, 2007, 04:48:12 PM

This one's the way to go IMHO...  And I also agree that the silicon tranny looks better in this logo.
Maybe a subtle shadow could give it a little more visual "depth" (3-D look).

How about making "stompboxes" capitals as well, but slightly smaller than "DIY"? Just an idea...

Keep up the good work, guys!

The Tone God

I think the TO-92 look better and is more recognizable to the average person then the can. I like the idea of separating the words by changing the weight of the font.

Andrew

Marcos - Munky

Just a little suggestion for the can one. What about to make the middle leg shorter? This can give the effect of the middle leg being in the back, and the other legs in the front, like how you see when you look at a can transistor.

bluesdevil

Quote from: The Tone God on February 14, 2007, 02:08:27 PM
I think the TO-92 look better and is more recognizable to the average person then the can. I like the idea of separating the words by changing the weight of the font.

Andrew

I'd go with that as well if it was up to me.
"I like the box caps because when I'm done populating the board it looks like a little city....and I'm the Mayor!" - armdnrdy

aron

I have been evaluating this with different people. I will have an answer soon.

Sam

"Where's the paper bag that holds the liquor?
Just in case I feel the need to puke." - Silver Jews

aron

For PKV,

Thanks for your logo entry and thanks for being a member of the forum! Good luck in future projects!

Aron

ambulancevoice

hehe
i thought i might do an extra symbol for the hell of it
Open Your Mouth, Heres Your Money

Sindran

Quote from: Zero on February 14, 2007, 04:02:12 AM
Quote from: The Tone God on February 06, 2007, 04:48:12 PM

This one's the way to go IMHO...  And I also agree that the silicon tranny looks better in this logo.

+1
I just checked this thread for the first time, and have to say this is definitly the one!!!
Not too complicated, simple, stylish.
It's classic...  Believe me. ;D
Many others were really good, but this one just stands out...

albatross

I think a site thats well established should have a logo thats set in stone  :icon_idea:

Buddy

How 'zat?

Albatross , that uh , rocks ...           
                                B

albatross

Hehe I liked that joke, I was bored so I re-made it ;)

JimRayden

Aron, any further information yet?

---------
Jimbo

Buddy

Quote from: albatross on March 19, 2007, 02:19:36 PM
Hehe I liked that joke, I was bored so I re-made it ;)

Cool , but can you  do it  With a melting VTVM  draped over a tree branch . ...

albatross

probably if i knew what a VTVM was .. ;)

Buddy

VTVM=analog tube fired meter .Good fer checking those leaky caps and whatnot . Accurate down to .5 ohm .
Yeah ... that old .
                                     But you knew that . :icon_surprised:

aron

In the end after talking to multiple people I have decided on blindsjc's logos. I can't really decide between silicon or germanium so I'll alternate and eventually chose one over the other. THANKS EVERYONE for your entries!

Congratulations blindsjc!

See it here....