News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

RF Switcher

Started by RaceDriver205, January 27, 2007, 09:28:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RaceDriver205

This is diffinately not for MIDI. Its only for switching effects on/off remotely from a distance up to 200m.

hgamal

Quote from: Dave_B on April 25, 2007, 11:20:27 PM
....From what I've seen, controller events are typically pretty data intensive.  Is the idea to have all the effects at the soundboard, or are we just talkin?    :icon_smile:

I am just thinking about applications where you switch patches, changes volumes and iterate expression parameters like wah, delays or pitch. I have no figures to present but I think it is possible to have such controls over 2400 bauds. Am I wrong?
Haroldo Gamal

johngreene

Quote from: RaceDriver205 on April 26, 2007, 03:23:03 AM
This is diffinately not for MIDI. Its only for switching effects on/off remotely from a distance up to 200m.
As long as no one has a garage door opener near by!  :icon_lol:

Seriously, 315 MHz and 433.92 MHz are very, very common remote control frequencies for everything from garage door openers to keyfobs for your car. Without a sophisticated addressing, encoding/decoding, FEC scheme, I wouldn't trust it anywhere I really needed it to work when I wanted it to. And even then, being ASK it is totally sensitive to being jammed and/or desensitized.

I've desinged a lot of these type devices, many for remote control of an iPod. Some of which you can buy at Best Buy!

--john
I started out with nothing... I still have most of it.

Seljer

Quote from: hgamal on April 26, 2007, 11:06:20 PM
Quote from: Dave_B on April 25, 2007, 11:20:27 PM
....From what I've seen, controller events are typically pretty data intensive.  Is the idea to have all the effects at the soundboard, or are we just talkin?    :icon_smile:

I am just thinking about applications where you switch patches, changes volumes and iterate expression parameters like wah, delays or pitch. I have no figures to present but I think it is possible to have such controls over 2400 bauds. Am I wrong?
not sure about the expression pedal stuff (as that probably would require a bit more bandwidth), but you could just make the pedal board with the footswitches to change the patches and such that'd send only the data about what switch was pressed, and make the receiver do all the work of converting it into MIDI program change messages

RaceDriver205

yes, that sounds perfectly feasable.