Author Topic: Only inexperienced builders check this out :-)  (Read 19963 times)

aron

Only inexperienced builders check this out :-)
« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2003, 05:12:48 PM »
Yes, Gus' circuit will be cool. I already have some info ready on it.

Thanks

Aron

donald stringer

booster build proj.
« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2003, 05:40:20 PM »
count me in
troublerat

stratking

« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2003, 08:35:13 PM »
I'd love to get in on this.  I am in the process of building my first pedal, but it's not going all that well.  This will definately be a great help.

stratking

Cold Bones

« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2003, 12:58:36 AM »
Count me in! I actually just purchased some parts for an LPB1 tonight. I'd be all over whatever pedal everyone would like to build.

AllyP

« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2003, 03:06:52 AM »
Me too :wink:

WKDLee

« Reply #25 on: September 16, 2003, 03:52:21 PM »
Count me in! although i dont really get what everyone was saying about perfboard and Gus and multi-meters, but i can learn right?

jkaz

« Reply #26 on: September 16, 2003, 04:31:35 PM »
Hi...This is just the chance I was looking for.  I just asked this very question on HCFX, and lo and behold.  Count me in.

PB Wilson

« Reply #27 on: September 16, 2003, 06:26:31 PM »
I'd like to do this too. So far I've only done projects that are basically "kits" using ready to solder pcb's. Count me in. I'm hoping to learn more about how these effects tick.

fretbuzz2003

« Reply #28 on: September 16, 2003, 06:34:21 PM »
I'm interested. I've built two pedals already, but they were using pre-made PCB's. I'd like to learn how to use perfboard.

Warpfingers

« Reply #29 on: September 16, 2003, 07:27:34 PM »
Count me in!  

I was gonna build a Ross compressor for my first stompbox, but this sounds like just the ticket to get my feet wet.

Great idea aron and thanks!

Oliver

Re: Only inexperienced builders check this out :-)
« Reply #30 on: September 17, 2003, 09:07:19 AM »
Quote from: aron
I would like to try a test where a bunch of newbies and I will get together "online" to build our first _very simple_ pedal.

It will be either an LPB1 or Gus Smalley's NPN Boost.

I just need to know how many people are interested in this.

We will use "stock" parts and perfboard.

Let me know by replying to this thread.

Aron

Hi,

i dont think I'm a rare Newbee anymore, but i am interested in the Gus Smalley's NPN Boost. I Found a Schematic Handdrawn on the net, and I am interested in a readable Schematic.
Or has someone compared it to the LPB yet?
I'm very satisfied with my LPB, that boosts the PreAMP from Clean into a fat crunch.

OK
bye
Oliver
Only dead Fishes go with the flow... >-))))-°>

aron

Newbies, join in!
« Reply #31 on: September 17, 2003, 01:24:13 PM »
The NPN boost is pretty amazing in that the more you turn the drive up, the smoother and more distorted it gets.

tkwon

I want in too.
« Reply #32 on: September 17, 2003, 04:05:00 PM »
I want to get in on this.  I just put up a post asking what a newbie like me should build.  But im probably the newest out of everyone, but would love to learn.

RDV

« Reply #33 on: September 17, 2003, 04:35:44 PM »
Aron:

I drew up a nice clear schematic for Gus's NPN Boost. If you want to use it, let me know and I'll eMail it to you.

Regards

RDV

RetroTones

« Reply #34 on: September 17, 2003, 09:55:30 PM »
Hi everyone! Is there room for another chair in this class? If so, count me in and thanks!   8)

Cliff

Newbie project
« Reply #35 on: September 18, 2003, 04:24:12 PM »
I would like to participate.  I'm especially interested in how to interpret schematics and the pointers that you have regarding layout on the perf board.  This will be very cool.  Thanks.

BD13UK

« Reply #36 on: September 19, 2003, 07:23:27 AM »
Yes Aron this is an excellent idea, I've really only built a couple of things like FF's etc and I alway's seem to have problems getting them to work first time so any help at all would be great and it also means I might get something to work at the first attempt plus reading schematics is not really a strong point for me
Brian

« Reply #37 on: September 20, 2003, 06:18:17 AM »
Hi everyone,
I'm interested, in this, i already buildt the lpb, but it hums and i'd like to have some advices on how to buildt something that works well.

i am in..

bwanasonic

« Reply #38 on: September 20, 2003, 09:09:07 PM »
I'm pretty green myself, with just a Green Ringer built on JD Sleep's PCB, and a Ge FF and Rangemaster on perf. One thing that might be really useful in the long run would be a how-to on breadboarding whatever circuit is chosen. I know I should be able to figure this out myself, but...

About to attempt Jack Orman's Mosfet boost
Kerry M

jimmy

« Reply #39 on: September 21, 2003, 09:34:24 AM »
hi

great idea!! i could probly work my way through gus' npn boost by now, but im more interested in the perf and modding side of things. i always like to know if theres something ive missed...

count me in!
"Who the f*** are the naked chefs?" - Ozzy Osbourne

tubes or bust