Marshall Suppa-wah schematic

Started by Manolo Dudes, September 15, 2003, 05:29:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Manolo Dudes

Anyone know where can I find the schematic for the old Marshall Suppa-wah?.

A friend has got one of these but need some reworking. Someone changed the original Ge transistors for Si and made some other odd things. I want to restore it to original condition as far as possible.
a.k.a. "Calambres" in www.pisotones.com

Ammscray

Those wahs didn't come with germanium transistors (NO wah ever did in my experience)...they usually came with BC173 or BC109...any low-gain tranny will work best but go for the NOS if you have 'em...BC184 is another good one...

I've had and worked on several of those...they sound ok not as cool as most old Italian Vox models but it is the wah Page used on the first two Zep LP's...

BTW the schematic is virtually the same as the other Voxes but different types of caps, usually ceramic and a different (clover style) inductor...the pot was also a higher value if I remember correctly...you shouldn't have any trouble restoring that...
"Scram kid, ya botha me!"

Stuart

QuoteThose wahs didn't come with germanium transistors

Yes they did - 2G374, PNP, germanium. Maybe they changed later, but the ones I've seen had those.

BTW, Page used a grey Vox, not a Marshall.

Ammscray

Quote from: Stuart
QuoteThose wahs didn't come with germanium transistors

Yes they did - 2G374, PNP, germanium. Maybe they changed later, but the ones I've seen had those.

I've never seen one of those...

BTW, Page used a grey Vox, not a Marshall.

I've seen pix with him with a Marshall, but it doesn't really matter because they had the same circuit inside with the clover inductor......at least the ones I've seen did...both made by Solasound...

Manolo Dudes

Uh... Datasheet for the 2G374?... substitutes?  :roll:
a.k.a. "Calambres" in www.pisotones.com

Ammscray

Quote from: Manolo DudesUh... Datasheet for the 2G374?... substitutes?  :roll:

Hey bro what you need are low gain germs for a wah circuit...I have some really good NOS Philips germs that are low gain and perfect for that circuit...e-mail me your address and if you cover the postage I'll send you a matched pair...see ya!