Cap substitute on AC30 simulator...maybe RG

Started by Rafa, February 05, 2007, 08:54:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rafa

Im building the Stepahn  Moeller AC30 simulator in RG PCB pdf file says that C10 ( Cout in stepahn schematic) which is a 100uf cap should be NP. I really cant find that cap, can I use a polarised one? or any other substitute?
This schematic was taken from  http://www.geocities.com/rafa23189/p47-fig6.gif

Cheers
Rafa

Rafa

Mhhh wrong link here is the right one:

http://www.archive.org/index.php

Here you can find the whole project including the 1 strage but without the resistor values.You must look for the old soundwesthost archieves the projhect I think is number 47

Sir H C

In that circuit the capacitor can see + or - voltages at the one side of the cap so it needs to be NP.  YOu can do this with two polarized capacitors but I can't find the article on how right now.

Meanderthal

2 100uf polarized caps paralell with opposite polarity (like clipping diodes) ought to do the trick.
I am not responsible for your imagination.

R.G.

Two polarized 100uf caps in series, + to +.

Parallel will fail both directions.
R.G.

In response to the questions in the forum - PCB Layout for Musical Effects is available from The Book Patch. Search "PCB Layout" and it ought to appear.

Meanderthal

I am not responsible for your imagination.

rocket

If the capacity is supposed to be 100µF the caps in series ned to be 200µf each (220 is the next available value)

rocket

The guy who designed it wanted to produce a commercial product - what happend to that??

slacker

Quote from: rocket on February 06, 2007, 07:32:39 AM
If the capacity is supposed to be 100µF the caps in series ned to be 200µf each (220 is the next available value)

That normally applies to putting 2 equal value electro capacitors in series when you put them +-+- then the combined value is half of the 2 values.
When you put 2 equal value electros back to back -++- to make a non polar electro the value is the value of one of the capacitors so if you use 2 100uF caps the combined value is 100uF.