Stage Center Reverb

Started by ranchak, February 07, 2007, 10:37:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ranchak

I built the Stage Center Reverb from the GGG site. I used a reverb tank that I had. It's a 3 spring, long tank unit. The input ohms is around 250. The GGG site recommends a tank with 310 ohm input, but I couldn't find one. The thing that I noticed is that reverb is not that great, it's either very dark or overpowering. Has anybody else experienced this. Any suggestions?

Quackzed

use a smaller wet out cap and cut some of the reverbs low end? might clean it up...
nothing says forever like a solid block of liquid nails!!!

petemoore

I built the Stage Center Reverb from the GGG site.
  Me too
  I used a reverb tank that I had. It's a 3 spring, long tank unit.
  I used an Accutronics med length.
   The input ohms is around 250. The GGG site recommends a tank with 310 ohm input, but I couldn't find one.
  That might load the output of the driver, IIRC something about using an LM386 stage to drive a smaller ohmage.
  The thing that I noticed is that reverb is not that great, it's either very dark or overpowering. Has anybody else experienced this. Any suggestions?
  I said sounds great..has two knobs, on is mix, the other is gain on the driver IIRC, and that pot has a small sweet zone for the driver level which needs fairly careful setting to drive the springs 'enough' to reverberate 'em without overdriving them.
  The first thing I'd think is about the ohmage mismatch, that could easily fit your description and be loading down the driver output.
Convention creates following, following creates convention.