Dr Boogey Photo's

Started by MartyMart, February 22, 2007, 07:28:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MartyMart

This was a tight fit "zvex" style !!
Foam around the board is 2mm kids stuff and there's a piece on the 9v
socket and inside the lid too.
A large poly cap was in the way, so that's why it's on the back of the board.
The extra ground wire has been clipped out !
No room for a 3PDT as the pots are right up aginst that tiny Alpha switch.

MM.
"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm"
My Website www.martinlister.com

petemoore

Boogey On !!!
  Caps 'afterthougted' to bottom of the board...yupp..I've done that more than once...lol, nothing particularly 'wrong' with it...especially if that's what get's it working !!
  Nice Build...DB...I dunno, those 'wankey' Jfets always seem to want to go offbias for me...did you have to do lots of tweeking and Jfet 'interviews'?
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

MartyMart

Quote from: petemoore on February 22, 2007, 08:32:24 AM
Boogey On !!!
  Caps 'afterthougted' to bottom of the board...yupp..I've done that more than once...lol, nothing particularly 'wrong' with it...especially if that's what get's it working !!
  Nice Build...DB...I dunno, those 'wankey' Jfets always seem to want to go offbias for me...did you have to do lots of tweeking and Jfet 'interviews'?

Not really Pete, probably 15-20 minutes of fet swopping, I think Q1 and/or Q2 ended up as MPF102's
or 5457's for a "tad" less gain but better response/tone.
I've started using nice 50k Bourns trimpots, whch seem to "stay put" and are not at "jittery" as the
larger 100k's, these Jfet builds do seem to come into "bias" around 15k to 33k anyway.
The large cap was in the path of the 9v socket inside, that's why it "went south"   :icon_lol:
"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm"

John Lyons

Nice one.
So you just left off the presence pot and used a middle of the road resistance?
They are expensive but I use multi turn trimmers, even with a screwdriver you have to twist a couple times to get much change.

John

Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/

MartyMart

Yeah, couldn't quite squeeze a 6th pot on there !! ( vol is a 22mm )
Sounds real good :D

MM.