Neovibe prebuild questions

Started by axg20202, March 12, 2007, 01:55:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

momo

Ok,Ive reread your "white paper"! and it makes sense now! jeese, Mr Ohm must be tired of turning in his grave...I guess if he knew that his law would be used so much, maybe he would of kept it to himself! I really dig that we humans have learned to work things out within the borders of the law of physics! I now realize that if I had these stomp boxes to build in my high school years, I would of passed my physics exams!
Again R.G thanks for the knowledge and logic way of explaining.
"Alas to those who die with their song still in them."

momo

Quote from: R.G. on April 05, 2007, 12:33:28 AM
2. Load it down. Put a load resistor of about 470 ohms/2W on the secondaries of the transformer. This will pull the voltage down.

So I put the 2w 470 ohm resistor on the secondaries but I still get 26v, so is a load resistor different than the normal ones, or is it because there is no load on the psu?
thanks R.G!

QSQCaito

Wow, this post helped me alot. I had similar questions as you.

One remains, hope you don't bother a mini thread hiijack, I just didn't want to create another Neovibe thread for this tiny question: Will the Neovibe work as a fully functional Chorus?? Or for that I would have to make one like the CE-2?

Thanks alot, sory

BYE BYE

DAC
D.A.C

John Lyons

Momo
The power supply has to be connected and under load for the Load resistor to do it's thing.
Otherwise the current isn't able to be drawn and coltage dropped.

John

Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/

momo

Ok thanks John, now Ill just powerup the thing and watch for smoke!... :icon_wink:, oh man I cant wait to try this, I sure hope the debugging wont be too hard.
thanks!

R.G.

QuoteWill the Neovibe work as a fully functional Chorus??
No. The Univibe and Neovibe are phasers, not choruses. The control on the Univibe is incorrectly labeled.

QuoteOr for that I would have to make one like the CE-2?
Yes, you will.
R.G.

In response to the questions in the forum - PCB Layout for Musical Effects is available from The Book Patch. Search "PCB Layout" and it ought to appear.

QSQCaito

Thanks a lot RG.

Is it incorrectly labeled because Chorus change pitch and add the dry signal, while the univibe changes phase and adds the dry signal, right?

Bye bye.

DAC
D.A.C

R.G.

Chorus is an auditory illusion. It's done by time delaying  the dry signal by a certain slight amount of time and then mixing it with the dry signal.

The Univibe "chorus" is the phaser setting, phase shifting and then adding dry signal. The Univibe "Vibrato" setting is actually a vibrato, pitch change.

R.G.

In response to the questions in the forum - PCB Layout for Musical Effects is available from The Book Patch. Search "PCB Layout" and it ought to appear.

QSQCaito

Oh I see.. I though the Chorus also made a slight shift in pitch. Because 2 guitars are never tuned Exactly exactly.

Thanks a lot once again RG;)

DAC
D.A.C