Good Lord people....

Started by Dragonfly, March 15, 2007, 10:16:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dragonfly

I just stopped back because a member here PM'd me, and I look around and see that NOTHING has changed. Don't you people get it ? There is a VERY simple solution for the issues here at the forum.....

HAVE THE COURTESY TO TREAT OTHERS IN THE SAME MANNER THAT YOU WOULD LIKE TO BE TREATED.

It's really that simple. Nobody wants to be treated like crap...so why would you treat others like crap ? It is "possible" to disagree with somebody without being a jerk. You have to remember that opinions are just that...opinions. If you're a parent, when your kids were wrong would you say "Eff you, you re an idiot ! Go back and re-read it again you frickin' moron ! "  Of course you wouldn't. If you believe something is wrong with a statement made, then state your case, and be done with it. You dont need to repeat yourself over and over...thats what causes issues...attempting, in vain, to ram your opinion down somebody elses throat. Who cares if your opinion is still different from theirs....we're building little boxes that change the sound of guitars, not curing cancer.

This is the frustration that made me leave, and now that I've said my peace, I'm heading out again.

Aron...there is no "rule change" that will make people be friendly / civil / etc with each other. The forum has worked just fine for years. It, up till the last month, has been a shining example of what a forum "should" be. You know you have my utmost respect, as do MANY of the members here.

All my best to you guys...I hope that some of you "readjust your attitudes", and stop acting like 5th graders. Get back to building...I have ! :)

RESPECT EACH OTHER.

AC

KerryF

:-X

Hope it turns out fine in the end for you Andrew and you come back.  I am getting tired of getting talked down to.

petemoore

It isn't like the option to just buy them wasn't mentioned.
  so why would you treat others like crap ?
  Don't you people get it ?

These are the only two questions I could sort out. Maybe some of the other members would like to help you with them.
  That's about all I can offer in public, PM me.
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

choklitlove

i totally agree, but i think we need to stop making threads about this.  it's sort of making the problem worse.  every thread like this turns ugly in some way.  while i agree that it needs to be addressed, we need to keep it all in one place.

and if nothing else, the lounge.  peace, everyone.
my band.                    my DIY page.                    my solo music.

Paul Perry (Frostwave)

An ounce of deletion can do a ton of good.

ulysses

can someone summerise what all infighting is all about for me please?

i think i must have missed out on some deleted threads or something?? in between the finger being pointed at myself - or was it?

im a fairly straight up guy - if i have got a problem i will say so fairly blatently - but it seems that other people only seem comfortable beating around the bush.

for those lost in translation: there is a tone of sarcastic humor in this post - and i have at this point drunk enough to be over the legal driving limit - but it is a serious question - wtf is everyone complaining about? - i say we put the whole case before the jury - and as you introduced the lord (dragonfly) - an appropriate stoning will be put upon the guilty. :D

cheers
ulysses

edit:drunk typos

slacker

Quote from: ulysses on March 16, 2007, 07:54:52 AM
can someone summerise what all infighting is all about for me please?

Some people were pissed off with some other people, some things were said that possibly shouldn't have been said, the usual story of what happens when a load of people with very little in common get together.
It's not really that big a deal, I think it's just bought some things to the fore that people have been thinking about for a while.
Most of it, or the main themes behind it are in the Exotic Boosters thread in the lounge.

RaceDriver205

I think it all comes down to this:

As we know,
There are known knowns.
There are things we know we know.
We also know
There are known unknowns.
That is to say
We know there are some things
We do not know.
But there are also unknown unknowns,
The ones we don't know
We don't know.

Can't take credit for it myself, but yeah. :D

RaceDriver205

Mind you, theres something ironic about complaining about the complaining.
More words don't fix an overabundance of words.

But indeed, this would make me a hypocrit. I should not post this message at all in order to practice what I preach. But if I did that what I wanted to preach would not be heard, thus making the previous point irrelevant.
Argh! Its impossible! The logic is stupendous!  :icon_eek:
Thats a known I know.

xshredx

Quote from: Dragonfly on March 15, 2007, 10:16:37 PM
Get back to building...I have ! :)

You're still gonna post pictures from time to time, right???      ;)

Sir H C

I guess I shouldn't work on my anti-cancer pedal.

mountainking

"Who cares if your opinion is still different from theirs....we're building little boxes that change the sound of guitars, not curing cancer. "

My thoughts exactly. You have to wonder what the average pedal buyer would think if he or she knew about some of recent crazieness that has gone on in this forum.

The Tone God

Quote from: RaceDriver205 on March 16, 2007, 09:58:16 AM
Can't take credit for it myself, but yeah. :D

Say what again! I double dare you to say what again!

Andrew

RaceDriver205

Paul Marossy

Just remember the golden rule, and we'll all get along - except for those people who must like to be treated like crap.  :icon_rolleyes:

If you don't know what the golden rule is, go find out!

The Tone God

guyg

Do they speak english in what?

markm

Transmogrifox

Quote from: markm on March 16, 2007, 09:17:32 PM
Quote from: guyg on March 16, 2007, 09:05:25 PM
Do they speak english in what?

Who?

Green eggs and ham, I say.  Tomorrow's St. Patty's day.  Leprichans, that's who!  And the Leprichans speak Guinness in what (wherever that is).  Let's take up their language  and fight like the Irish.   If you get to the 4rth level of what, you can show them "What Four".   Pound the other's face into a different shape, then sit down and have a smooth beer together.  :)
trans·mog·ri·fy
tr.v. trans·mog·ri·fied, trans·mog·ri·fy·ing, trans·mog·ri·fies To change into a different shape or form, especially one that is fantastic or bizarre.

PaulC

QuoteJust remember the golden rule, and we'll all get along - except for those people who must like to be treated like crap. 

If you don't know what the golden rule is, go find out!

What does (1+sqrt5)/2 have to do with anything??   :icon_mrgreen:

PaulC
Heritage amps/Tim & timmy pedals
I like ham, and jam, and spam alot