Previous topic - Next topic

jlullo

hey guys...
i can't decide..

tremulus lune?
ea trem?
eh pulsar?

i can't decide.  what is your favorite?

i'd like a classic trem which can do the "choppy" thing as well.  I hear good things about the EA trem.

love,
jonathan

$uperpuma

modded EA is easy and easy to be happy with..trem lune is awesome to my ears.
Breadboards are as invaluable as underwear - and also need changed... -R.G.

Samugo

Is possible to mod this schematic?  ???

Where can i connect an IN & OUT?

caress

choklitlove

not the pulsar.  it's okay, but if you're looking for a standard tremolo (like i was), it's not for you.  it's, umm, uneven.
my band.                    my DIY page.                    my solo music.

sfr

For simple to use trem, the Trem Face is still my favorite.  Sometimes I feel like the only one who feels that way.  I am in love with the versatility of the fully-decked out with options Tremulus Lune, but sometimes it's more than you want to deal with - the trem face is a little more "stage friendly" unless you truly depend on the odd sounds you can coax out of the lune.  I use it all the time, often making adjustments to the two large knobs on the fly with my toes.  It's certainly my favorite sounding trem.   (If you do contemplate building it, do a search here on the forums, there's a thread I started posting some questions about getting around the volume drop with true bypass - RG was kind enough to help out, and I post my results at the end.)  In the end, I use the Trem Face for most all of my actual tremolo playing, and the lune solely for glitchy synth sounds when running feedback into it with multiple LFOs modulating the thing. 

Seems like the majority of trems are fairly simple affairs, (even the Lune, once you get past the multitude of offboard wiring involved with all the pots)  good candidates for breadboarding - try a few out and see what you think!  I ended up breadboarding large sections of my lune to figure out which of the multiple mods I wanted to implement and which I could live without. 
sent from my orbital space station.

MartyMart

Tremulous Lune gets a big "thumbs up" from here, lot's o knobs but a great versatile trem.
Another that's good is the "Ring Frobnicator" - getting the ring - mod right is fiddly, but it's
trem setting is also killer.
Kay trem is simple and choppy too.

MM.
"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm"
My Website www.martinlister.com

jlullo

thanks for the responses guys!  i'm thinking about giving the EA trem a shot.  i want a fairly simple trem, and it looks like there are a few cool things you can do with that one.  thanks for the help deciding!

Shepherd

Quote from: sfr on April 09, 2007, 07:24:36 PM
I never could get rid of the mild clicking coming out of the trem face when in bypass followed by a huge amount of gain.  Ended up solving the problem by grounding the *output* of the board when the thing was in bypass. 

Did this have to do with the unique battery arrangement on the Trem Face? 

Couldn't the EA Trem work more like the Trem Face if you replaced that 15K to ground with half of a 25K dual ganged pot?

Processaurus

I have only made the EA trem (with Transmogrifox's refinements), but it has a nice vintage tremolo feel, from the eccentricities of the LFO. 

RG has a really interesting workalike of the classic Fender tremolo on his site, it is unique to pedal trems by panning between bass cut and hi-cut, rather than volume changes.

oldrocker

I don't understand why the Pulsar is downed so bad.  I love it myself.  Easy to build and I think it's cleaner than the Kay trem.  I haven't built the EA yet but I only hear good things about it.  I would like to try a TremLune too one of these days.  But again I wasn't disappointed when I built the Pulsar.  Just breadboard and experiment.  That's what I did.