Author Topic: My first PCB  (Read 5094 times)

sixstringphil

My first PCB
« on: March 22, 2007, 12:48:40 PM »
Hey everyone. I've been reading this forum for a few months now and have learned much more than the few classes I took in college! Thanks to everyone who contributes. I've built an EA Tremolo and Orange Squeezer using other people's PCB designs, but I want to learn to make my own. I thought this would be a good project to start with. I've yet to test this, so I don't even know that it is correct, but I posted it hoping that maybe some of you expert designers could give me some direction! Thanks for any advice you can offer!

« Last Edit: March 24, 2007, 10:19:23 PM by aron »

aron

Re: My first PCB
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2007, 10:20:47 PM »
I put the schematic on right so I could look at it.

Thanks!!! It looks good to me!

Aron

sixstringphil

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2007, 12:38:32 PM »
Thanks Aron. Anyone interested in messing with the Layout Creator file? I'm sure it could be greatly improved upon. Not sure about the best way to post it, but if anyone wants to fool with it I'll figure it out.

JayMan

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2007, 02:34:54 AM »
This is my first post on the forum, so please be gentle :)

I was looking at Aron's hand drawn schematic (http://www.diystompboxes.com/beginner/draftlayoutnpnboost.jpg) and it I think the transistor drawing is the wrong way around on the hand drawing (the drawing of the transistor with the pins labelled on the far right that is). Just thought I'd point that out, just incase  :icon_wink:

Below is my updated version of the layout (with 3PDT switch, LED and battery/DC Jack) - just looking for some clarification that it's correct before I begin my first PNP Blue etch  :icon_biggrin:

Oh, and thanks sixstringphil for the initial layout!

JayMan

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2007, 08:57:56 PM »
Anybody??? I was hoping to etch today  :icon_cool:

JayMan

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2007, 01:59:25 AM »
No-one can verify this for me?  :icon_cry:

aron

« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2007, 02:27:05 AM »
It looks correct to me.

Nice drawing!

Aron

jcwillow777

« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2007, 04:01:42 PM »
JayMan:

Where did you get the software to do that drawing? It looks great

JayMan

jcwillow777

« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2007, 07:22:15 PM »
Thanks, the eagle has landed and I am playing with it.