Boss expression pedals?

Started by sfr, September 16, 2003, 01:47:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sfr

I have a Boss effect that accepts the expression pedal input - I was down at the music shop and the expression pedals for it are like 50 dollars - I've got a couple of wah pedals around with no circuit boards, just the bodies and the pots/gears - so if all these expression pedals are is a pot wired up to a stereo plug or something, I don't really want to spend the money - (well, actually, I use the pedal so little I doubt I'd spend the money either way)

has anybody seen the inside of one of these things?  I think it's the Boss/Roland EV-5 that my pedal (It's the Super Pitch Shifter)  uses, although I'm uncertain, no manual.  

Thanks again - one of these days I'll have something of value to give back. . .
sent from my orbital space station.

Ge_Whiz

Most expression pedals have separate sockets - input (across the pot) and output (between the pot wiper and ground). If the Boss is anything like the Digitech, you just plug in a mono lead to the output socket. Should be straightforward to rig it up.

sfr

well, from what i can tell from actually seeing the pedal, there's no input to the expression pedal - the signal chain only passes through the regular effect, and there's a single cable (appears to be hardwired?) coming out the expression pedal to plug into the "EXP" input on the the Boss effect.

But I think I'm probably misunderstanding what yr actually trying to tell me here . . . I'm a little slow.
sent from my orbital space station.