Where can I get "Klon Centaur" Schematics?

Started by Izzy, March 29, 2007, 08:33:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jonathan perez

Quote from: Minion on April 06, 2007, 12:20:44 PM
Why is it OK to Build a Clone of a Ibanez ,Or Boss, or DOD Pedal but it is not OK to Clone THIS Pedal???

Just wondering what ethics are involved in Cloneing a Mass Produced pedal compared a Pedal that isn"t Mass Produced (Like this Pedal)???

It just seems that if it Is OK to clone the Latest Boss pedal than it should be OK to Clone ANY pedal (For personal Use)......

Just because this Guy only makes one Pedal and Hand Makes his enclosures doesn"t seem like a Very good reason to not Clone it ,At least there doesn"t see to be any compelling reason to Clone a Boss but not this pedal....

Explain??

no need to, someone already has, about 300 times. its around the lounge somewhere...er, everywhere... :D

if someone posts a DS-1 schematic, and hundreds of people clone it, boss aint even gonna feel it. not even a pinch.

on the other hand, if someone posts a Klon schematic, and hundreds of people clone it, then Klon will be in pain...not to mention selling someone else's copywritten design is sorta illegal.  :o

(trust me, there are many people waiting for it to come up, SPECIFICALLY to sell it...sure one guy wants it for personal use, but some others want it for resale value...say what you will in defense of whoever, but you know for sure someone wants to clone and sell it as soon as that schem is posted...that sorta what just happens around here, and we dont like it...)

but hey, what do i know? im going to go make some food. chile relleno/huevos mexicanos, anyone?
no longer the battle of midway...(i left that band)...

i hate signatures with gear lists/crap for sale....

i am a wah pervert...ask away...

MartyMart

Quote from: Minion on April 06, 2007, 12:20:44 PM
Why is it OK to Build a Clone of a Ibanez ,Or Boss, or DOD Pedal but it is not OK to Clone THIS Pedal???
Explain??

Simple, He makes ONE product and that's his WHOLE livelyhood.
Boss make 42 pedals, some since 1976 and have sold over 10,000,000 of them !!
No/minimal damage to Boss profits
Lot's of damage to Klon's

;D
"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm"
My Website www.martinlister.com

joegagan

where's puretube?
it' POPCORN time again apparently
my life is a tribute to the the great men and women who held this country together when the world was in trouble. my debt cannot be repaid, but i will do my best.

Minion

That is what I figured you guys would say and it shows that you guys have quite a Double Standard were ethics are concerned.....

Boss is still a company Run by Poeple who need to make a Liveing and support there children, so it seems you guys think it is OK to steal from a Big Company but not a Small Company......... In the Eyes of the Law stealing from the Rich is just as Bad as Stealing from the Poor.....

So if We are going to Be Thieves shouldn"t we be Equal Oppertunity Thieves??

It is Like Saying "Pirateing from Microsoft is OK but Pirateing software from a small Company is Bad"!!!

I feel if were are going to Clone Designs of Pedals ,which pedal doesn"t really matter as someone is potentially going to loose money from a lost sale be it Boss (it doesn"t matter if they are a Big company) or some guy who builds a limited number of pedals and sells them (and at $750 a Pedal I don"t think he is Looseing money)....If were are going to be Unethical , we should not Pick and choose who are Victims are....all Poeple should be Potential Victims of our deviousness.....Should they not??   Or is it that you guys get to Pick and choose what company is bad and what is Good and only Clone the pedals of Bad companies.....??

Seeing as it is Unethical on This board to clone this pedal then I guess I won"t post the Schematic for this Pedal.....Ohh well....

Go to bed with itchy Bum , wake up with stinky finger !!

MartyMart

Quote from: joegagan on April 06, 2007, 12:40:03 PM
where's puretube?
it' POPCORN time again apparently

I just opened a bag  !!  :icon_wink:

Actually my explaination was a bit too black/white , the truth is that there's ZERO difference morally !!
To be honest, having all those comercial PCB's available at tonepad etc and keeping "schtumm" on other
things is a total joke  :icon_rolleyes:

All or nothing is the only reasonable way forward .... unless you happen to "contribute" here  !!

MM.  :icon_rolleyes:  ( crash helmet on now, happy easter .... I'm off ...... )
"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm"
My Website www.martinlister.com

aron

>That is what I figured you guys would say and it shows that you guys have quite a Double Standard were ethics are concerned.....

Thanks for pointing this out. Can we move on now?

Thanks,

Aron