Ross built, but, does it sound alright?

Started by chieljan, March 29, 2007, 05:46:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chieljan

Hi all,

Recently finished my rosscomp build, and to my extreme surprise, it worked! It actually compresses and sustains, it's always like a little miracle happens when I get a build working :D

But I'm wondering if it sounds ok, since at high compression settings, it really seems to surpres my sound instead of compress it, and then, as the note decays, it starts making it louder with loads of hissing. That's just what a compressor should do I guess, but it doesn't soud actually nice this way, very unsubtle. Is it all normal or should I start checking transistors and things?

Thanks!

Chieljan ;)
I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. That, or His Dudeness or Duder or El Duderino if you're not into that whole brevity thing.

MartyMart

That sounds about right, try sus pot at 11 to 12 o'clock and volume the same
this should hold BIG notes/chords, keep level about the same as bypass and have zero hiss.

MM.
"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm"
My Website www.martinlister.com

chieljan

Ok, that's odd, I didn't expect that. I kinda thought turning sustain to maximum would bring sustaining tone heaven. But, can't have it all... and, lower settings sound great, so I guess I shouldn't complain  :)

Thanks MM!
I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. That, or His Dudeness or Duder or El Duderino if you're not into that whole brevity thing.