Feedback loop + miniblender problem

Started by cheeb, October 26, 2007, 11:25:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cheeb

I recently built a feedback loop/bypass box and added a miniblender to it. Before the blender,the feedback loop worked fine, but the only route I could come up with was to attach the send and return of the miniblender to the send and return jacks. This caused the feedback pot and the blend pot to become interdependent, and neither of them functions properly. The feedback pot is almost a slave to the blend.

I'm sure there's an obvious solution to how to separate them, other than the spst toggles I have to turn each function on/off.

You guys know how it is when you spend hours brainstorming and putting something together and then when debugging comes around, your brain is too fried to see an obvious solution.

Any ideas?

--Cory

cheeb

I'm really sorry for the double bump, but I really need some help on this. I'm stumped. Is there any more info I can give that can make this problem easier to help on?

--Cory

Auke Haarsma

not sure if I can be of any help, but what schematic are you using?

Also, isn't the feedback pot to set the level of the loopsignal? And isn't that roughly the same as what the blend pot does? Both have effect on the level of the loop in the mix.

cheeb

I got it working. I had to move to a passive blend instead of the active one I was using. See pictures thread.

Quote from: ponq on October 28, 2007, 02:25:25 PM
not sure if I can be of any help, but what schematic are you using?

Also, isn't the feedback pot to set the level of the loopsignal? And isn't that roughly the same as what the blend pot does? Both have effect on the level of the loop in the mix.

The blend pot allows both unprocessed signal and signal from the effects loop to come through at once, to varying degrees of clean, from totally effects to totally clean. The feedback pot sends the effect signal back through the effects loop to varying degrees. Sort of the same, but to different effects. So yes and no.

Oh! Nearly forgot. I wasn't using a schematic. It was just a diagram I drew while daydreaming in math class.

Thanks for taking the time to check it out!

-Cory

Auke Haarsma