Small revelation; clean blends are cool!

Started by Bernardduur, April 10, 2007, 02:07:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bernardduur

For everyone who build an amp emulation OD pedal (like the Umble, Flipster, etc)

Add a clean blend when it is made for overdrive; the overdrive gets so more transparant, open and "really" overdrive sounding without getting too muddy

Man, I couldn't stop using my Flipster on guitar; it is a great OD pedal!
Am learning something new every day here

SquareLight | MySpace account

Paul Perry (Frostwave)

They are pretty good on "extreme' pedals too.
For example, a ring modulator - which you can't really use for melodic playing -- can add an interesting metallic edge if you bend just a little bit in wiht the straight signal.
Of course, if you have a distortion and blend the clean in, OUT OF PHASE, then it will get quieter, but MORE distorted! pretty funny when you are prototyping & it takes you by suprise :icon_wink:

JasonG

I just put one a blend knob on a friends BMP. I loved it! I am building a buff and  boost style pedal next.
Class A booster , Dod 250 , Jfet booster, Optical Tremolo, Little Gem 2,  mosfet boost, Super fuzz , ESP stand alone spring reverb red Llama omni-drive , splitter blender ,

NEVER use gorilla glue for guitar repairs! It's Titebond , Elmers, or Superglue

caress

i'm in the process of making my first blending pedal!  using one of the "blender" schematics available you can always just make a clean blend pedal with a send/return and try out any pedal with some clean in it...or just buy a mixer!  lol

Bernardduur

I use a blend box always on my bass signal; all OD / distortion / fuzz is blended..... it just keeps my low end intact

But I never used it on guitar before.... now I am satisfied and will use it more!

MikeH

Clean blend on a Bug Muff is just about the best bass fuzz you can get, IMO.
"Sounds like a Fab Metal to me." -DougH

zjokka

A link to a schematic would be great for me (and for refence in general)
Tried googling but to no avail.

Bernardduur

I usually use this schematic but usually get away with the minimal blender.......

I keep the blend control of very low value (usually 1k to 5k) to keep the cutting of the signal as low as possible

Processaurus

Quote from: MikeH on April 11, 2007, 02:49:57 PM
Clean blend on a Bug Muff is just about the best bass fuzz you can get, IMO.

Its a good one!  when I've messed with clean blends on a mixer with an EQ, its interesting making the clean sound darker, so the attack isn't as obvious, and the high end comes mostly from the distortion.

Dragonfly

Quote from: JasonG on April 10, 2007, 09:11:18 PM
I am building a buff and  boost style pedal next.

I'll let you fill in the blanks....

zjokka

fikri

Can we mod the AMZ Mosfet Booster to act like a blender too ?

Ben N

• SUPPORTER