SAD1024 replacements

Started by rasco22862, April 10, 2007, 07:54:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rasco22862

Hi, i´m starting a 9V electric mistress. I can get all the Ics unless the SAD1024. Can he be replaced?

PD: What is the purpouse for the tzf board?? Do you recommend it?

Thanks

Giglawyer

Small Bear electronics has the SAD1024.
Check out my builds - http://www.giglawyer.com

Meanderthal

Smallbear has em.  ;)

Gaaah! Ya beat me to it...

The tzf is for imitating tape flange(a cool sound), requires another BBD, so might be pricey...
I am not responsible for your imagination.

rasco22862

thanks a lot, but is there any ic that replaces him well??

R.G.

Not really, no. There are some that are kind-of replacements; the R5101 (I think) and some of the old Panasonic MN3xxx series, but I don't think they're pin-for-pin relacements - I think they require circuit modifications.
R.G.

In response to the questions in the forum - PCB Layout for Musical Effects is available from The Book Patch. Search "PCB Layout" and it ought to appear.

StephenGiles

For a basic Mistress, given any short delay BBD will do provided that all necessary pin and biasing changes are catered for - which is why I use veroboard!
"I want my meat burned, like St Joan. Bring me pickles and vicious mustards to pierce the tongue like Cardigan's Lancers.".

WelshWonder

I've got 2 Reticon SAD1024's here if you are interested...PM me :icon_cool:

niggez

Alrighty, I'm building a 9V electric mistress to the layout on tonepad. Im ordering parts right now,  but I'm not sure about the sad1024 chip. I always order at banzaieffects.com so if anyone can help me out here, thanks.

Is it correct that I need a 1024 stage BBD chip? For example an MN3207 or MN3007

This is the delay chips section at banzaieffects, is there a chip that would work?
http://www.banzaieffects.com/Delay-Chips-Clock-ICs-c-373.html

Whats confusing me is that all the chips i can find are 8pin, while the sad1024 by reticon is 16pin.
My layout is still not done, so changes wouldnt be a problem.
Anyone ever used one of the MN- chips to replace an SAD1024? If it's possible, i would do it.

I couldnt find any information on this so far. So what would be a place to get the sad1024 if i cant find any replacement for it? I saw sad1024a at smallbear, but dont know if i can use this.

Mark Hammer

When it comes to things like op-amp chips, an 8-pin dual is an 8-pin dual and a 14-pin quad is generally a 14-pin quad (there are some exceptions in pinout).  Unless one is seeking specific characteristics, you can stick any dual in a socket and it "works".

When it comes to BBDs, unfortunately, having the same capacity (1024 or 2048 or 4096 stages) is not always the same as having the same pinout or other requirements.  It's a bit like finding 2 people that each weigh 180lbs - their dimensions can be fundamentally different even though the scale says they are identical.

niggez

Alright. So where can i get the sad1024?

niggez

so the SAD1024A is compliant with the SAD1024 ? I can use this to build my electric mistress?  :icon_idea: That would be great.

Mark Hammer

That's a thumbs up, good buddy.

StephenGiles

Quote from: Mark Hammer on March 09, 2008, 11:18:03 AM
That's a thumbs up, good buddy.

Agreed. Mark, you mentioned Supertramp and a Wurlitzer on another thread - I've just downloaded 2 Supertramp gigs from 1983 which will probably appear on tela.sugarmegs - both soundboards and are very good.
"I want my meat burned, like St Joan. Bring me pickles and vicious mustards to pierce the tongue like Cardigan's Lancers.".

niggez

i would prefer to replace the quad opamp with 2 dual opamps. Shouldnt be a problem right? I can use 2 4558's instead of the 324?