Bad news for the Austin DIY scence

Started by bean, December 22, 2009, 09:25:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bean

I just learned from August yesterday that MC Howard will be closing on the 1st. This is really sad news. There is definitely no other place quite like it in Austin. Millions of components of all varieties, including lots of vintage stuff. I don't know what will happen with the stock. I didn't really get the full story    :(

jkokura

If there are good clearances, grab what you can! It may be that guys like me who have a hard time getting stuff cause we live in the middle of nowhere will really appreciate the chance to take it off your hands...

jacob

Paul Marossy

Bummer. Pretty soon the only place to get anything will be from some online store. That is until everything is SMD only.  :icon_rolleyes:

fpaul

Anyone in the Dallas, TX area should check out Tanner Electronics, it has a bunch of the vintage stuff also.  Wish I'd found it BEFORE I built about 30 pedals, nice to save the shipping cost when you only need a few components.  It's on Valwood Parkway in Carrollton.  I am not connected with them in any way, just passing along info.
Frank

StephenGiles

Much scorn was put upon using the TI samples programme (I love that USAian expression!!!) - perhaps the time has come!
"I want my meat burned, like St Joan. Bring me pickles and vicious mustards to pierce the tongue like Cardigan's Lancers.".

bean

Quote from: StephenGiles on December 23, 2009, 03:37:42 PM
Much scorn was put upon using the TI samples programme (I love that USAian expression!!!) - perhaps the time has come!

Haha, I remember that!

jrod

Quote from: fpaul on December 23, 2009, 11:50:01 AM
Anyone in the Dallas, TX area should check out Tanner Electronics, it has a bunch of the vintage stuff also.  Wish I'd found it BEFORE I built about 30 pedals, nice to save the shipping cost when you only need a few components.  It's on Valwood Parkway in Carrollton.  I am not connected with them in any way, just passing along info.

Great store! I just bought the last of their house number 2n404's for $.59 each!!!  ;D