video op amps & other atypical IC's

Started by yousufferbutwhy, April 23, 2007, 11:47:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

yousufferbutwhy

Has anyone tried pushing audio through video op amps or something similar? I realize that they are poor efficiency for lower bandwidth audio, but I'm wondering if it could produce some interesting sonic artifacts other than noise. How about IR amplifiers?

Also, how about this guy: http://www.national.com/pf/LM/LM1036.html#General%20Description

with voltage control of bass & treble (frequencies selectable by cap), along with potential abuse of the "loudness" control, I think a multiphased LFO could create some interesting vibrato/leslie types of effects with this.

Processaurus

Quote from: yousufferbutwhy on April 23, 2007, 11:47:19 AM
Also, how about this guy: http://www.national.com/pf/LM/LM1036.html#General%20Description

with voltage control of bass & treble (frequencies selectable by cap), along with potential abuse of the "loudness" control, I think a multiphased LFO could create some interesting vibrato/leslie types of effects with this.

Thank you so much for sharing this.  I've been thinking about some things you could do with this for the past few days:
-stereo Tremolo/Panner (panning between inputs would be so cool)
-Stereo volume/pan pedal controlled by a single gang linear pot.
-Weird tremolo that modulates the treble and bass alternately.
-Sequenced panner
-envelope controlled panner like the unusual Toadworks product.
-DOD punkifier workalike (blend fuzz with overdrive, plus the bass and treble controls would be easy to implement and powerful.  the loudness control could be useful as another filter/mid cut)
-Preset volume and pan footswitches (like Geofex's Multi-vol) for double amp setups
-Panning controlled remotely from a knob on a guitar!

They're cheap too!  Unfortunately National is being punk and charging for samples of it, they're cheaper at digikey  :icon_cry:

PS you buffer, but why?

R.G.

QuoteUnfortunately National is being punk and charging for samples of it, they're cheaper at digikey 
Hmmm... I wonder why the chip companies have started charging for samples?
R.G.

In response to the questions in the forum - PCB Layout for Musical Effects is available from The Book Patch. Search "PCB Layout" and it ought to appear.