Octavia Enclosure Questions

Started by Easywider, April 17, 2007, 06:47:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Easywider

Ordered two 125B enclosures last nite , one from smallbear with no holes drilled & one from pedal parts plus , standard pre drilled for two knobs , input jacks , dc jack on the sides & not going through the front like the original . just wondered if the general guitar gadgets board will fit in the pedal parts enclosure with the side mounted jacks , or am i going to have to drill out the one from smallbear to mount the jacks through the front . trying to get away from drilling holes , but think i may have to .

Pushtone

I have an empty 125B on the bench right now.

Post a link to the layout, PCB, Vero, Perf you'll be using.

I print it out to scale and size it up in the box.
It's time to buy a gun. That's what I've been thinking.
Maybe I can afford one, if I do a little less drinking. - Fred Eaglesmith

Fuzzy-Train

I just opened up my octavis, and it's about 1 3/4" by about 3"

If you got the 125B with the 1 1/2" walls you can mount in on the wall. :icon_wink:
THERE IS NO SIG.

The user formerly known as NoNothing.

Stuff I built!
http://s174.photobucket.com/albums/w106/Cpt_sergeant/?start=allRandom

Pushtone

Fuzzy-Train

Ooops my bad  :icon_rolleyes: LOL I meant 1 1/14" sorry 'bout that. Haven't been getting much sleep lately. 
THERE IS NO SIG.

The user formerly known as NoNothing.

Stuff I built!
http://s174.photobucket.com/albums/w106/Cpt_sergeant/?start=allRandom

Easywider

Quote from: Pushtone on April 17, 2007, 07:38:05 PM

I have an empty 125B on the bench right now.

Post a link to the layout, PCB, Vero, Perf you'll be using.

I print it out to scale and size it up in the box.

Thanks !

heres a link to the board size , the pdf file there under ready to transfer circuit board : //http://www.generalguitargadgets.com/index.php?option=content&task=view&id=49&Itemid=88

Big Thanks to everyone for the info . as it looks now , think i may have some holes to drill , any templates/advice someone can give me to drill it out GGG JD style , with the jacks front mounted , think that may be my only option . sure wish i could use that pre drilled pedal parts enclosure , if not , sure i'll put it to use sooner or later !  :icon_wink:

Pushtone

Looks like the way to go would be just like NoNothing said and JD has pictured at that link. Side wall mounting.
Looks like your in for some drilling.

Have you seen R.G.s paper template concept?

LOL: I have a couple of drilled boxes I've been trying to "use" for a year now.

Easywider

Pushtone , Thanks for the heads up on the template , going to grab a #1 uni bit for the job , cant wait for the parts to arrive !

Easywider

Received enclosure today , just wondering if printed templates on GEO were actual size when you just hit print  , my 125B is a little larger than the 125B template . just kinda centered it up & taped it down . looks good , but just wondering if everythings cool . as long as its actual size , & centered up( not by center lines on box , didn't layout any , would be down too far anyways ) , should work out fine , right ? would post pictures , but don't know how too ! any advice would be grately appreciated by anyone !

Thanks !

Easywider

Forgot to add , Centered the template up to the lines on the flat portion of the top of the box first , like i said , templates a little smaller !

Easywider

Just lined things up so the dotted front line on the template , is to the bottom edge of the front of the enclosure , since the jacks are all mounted in the front of the box , i think this would be better , right ?