Brassmaster more treble question

Started by Atodovax, April 29, 2018, 06:52:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Atodovax

Hello everyone i built a brassmaster from GGG layout and it sounds fantastic on bass and guitar but still on guitar i would like to add more treble. Do you know of any easy way to add treble or more high end on the pedal?. Is there any resistor capacitor network that i could switch in order to add better response for guitar? Specially for the higher notes on the fretboard

Rob Strand

C11 is probably the first one to tweak.
C7 might also work.
Which one sounds best I don't know.
Reduce one cap at a time by a factor of 1.5.
Then take it from there which recipe you like the most.

There's a also filter in there but that's part of the character of the effect.

If you want more brightness on the clean signal then that's a whole different problem.
Send:     . .- .-. - .... / - --- / --. --- .-. -
According to the water analogy of electricity, transistor leakage is caused by holes.

Atodovax

Clean signal is fine i just want to have more treble on the effect. Thank you very much. I'm not sure what you mean by a factor of 1.5.. sorry for my ignorance. Thank you very much for the reply. The pedal sounds great on bass but for guitar is a little bit bassy.. or muddy.. i dont know the Word but it lacks some high ends.... I'm plannimg to put a switch on both caps for guitar/bass. Should i also twik some resistors or with that caps its gonna be ok?

Rob Strand

QuoteThank you very much. I'm not sure what you mean by a factor of 1.5.. sorry for my ignorance. Thank you very much for the reply. The pedal sounds great on bass but for guitar is a little bit bassy.. or muddy.. i dont know the Word but it lacks some high ends.... I'm plannimg to put a switch on both caps for guitar/bass. Should i also twik some resistors or with that caps its gonna be ok?
All I'm saying is if the cap is 47nF then try 47nF/1.5 = 31nF (use 33nF), then 33nF/1.5 = 22nF.  It's just a way of edging up the high-end.

The caps should be fine.  They only affect the high-end.   In fact playing with the resistors might affect other things.
Send:     . .- .-. - .... / - --- / --. --- .-. -
According to the water analogy of electricity, transistor leakage is caused by holes.