Zonk machine gut shots from Ebay.

Started by nightingale, April 25, 2007, 11:13:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nightingale

http://cgi.ebay.com/VINTAGE-FUZZ-PEDAL-Hornby-Skewes-The-Zonk-Machine-II-2_W0QQitemZ130106169688QQihZ003QQcategoryZ118994QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

This one looks like it has Si transistors?
I etched a board for the ZM, but I never really got that inspired to build it after reading some build reports on this site?
I wonder if the original units are gatey?
curious,
ry

be well,
ryanS
www.moccasinmusic.com

tcobretti

I haven't built this one, but I love gutshots!

Thanks!

The Tone God

That is actually a Zonk Machine II which was a redesign. IIRC it is basically a Si FF. The original was Ge based and is the one discussed on Geofex.

Andrew

aron

nightingale

Quote from: aron on April 26, 2007, 01:00:13 AM
I love gut shots of pedals!!!!!  :D

Me too!
Every now and then I will hop on Ebay and search "vintage fuzz" just hoping to see a few old PCB's covered with 20% 1watters. Seems like there are allot more gut shots in the auctions because the rare ones are getting so expensive. If your going to pay $500 for an effect,  you will want to see the guts for sure!

Man those knobs are insane!

enjoy,
ry
be well,
ryanS
www.moccasinmusic.com

MikeH

Quote from: nightingale on April 26, 2007, 01:50:15 AM
Every now and then I will hop on Ebay and search "vintage fuzz" just hoping to see a few old PCB's covered with 20% 1watters. Seems like there are allot more gut shots in the auctions because the rare ones are getting so expensive. If your going to pay $500 for an effect,  you will want to see the guts for sure!

It makes me nuts when I see gut shots of old vintage pedals, with virtually no parts in them, selling for $500+.  I guess I just don't understand "collectible value".
"Sounds like a Fab Metal to me." -DougH

markm