News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures (Guitars)

Started by Rattlehead, May 01, 2007, 03:31:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pickdropper

Quote from: vigilante397 on February 17, 2015, 09:56:49 AM

Whoa. :icon_eek: It's like a completely different neck!

Yeah, it's kind of awesomely funky that way.  I love the look of it.  I may have it shaved down a bit as it's currently a bit thicker than I usually play.  For now I am playing it as is.

pickdropper

Quote from: vigilante397 on February 17, 2015, 10:20:44 AM
Quote from: Luke51411 on February 17, 2015, 10:16:43 AM
Great guitars everyone! I can't wait til I have something worthy of posting on this thread (Is it for any guitar or mainly guitar builds?)

Any guitar :) If it's a guitar, looks like a guitar, or can be argued to have guitar-like properties, we want to see it ;D

Totally agree.  I like looking at guitars of all types.

I should take some new pics of some of my older and favorite guitars.  I just never get around to it.

Luke51411

My Axes. The one on the right is a Fender MIM strat and my baby. The one on the left is a squire I picked up recently for the fun of modding/upgrading and as a challenge to see how good I can get a piece of chinese driftwood to sound  :icon_twisted:

This is what started it all... When I first got the guitar it was kind of noisy so I decided I wanted to change out the pups. The first time I fired up a soldering iron, I replaced the bridge pickup with a seymour duncan hot rails.
Then I got a Lace Sensor gold off of Ebay to put in the neck, then a Dimarzio something or other for the middle pup. Then I got a push pull pot so I can have the option of neck/bridge combo

I've done some work on the squier already, I replaced the god awful tuning machines, adjusted the truss rod, and added a switch to have the bridge/neck and bridge/mid/neck combo. I have a whole new pickguard, pots, and switch that I'm going to wire up and swap in (hopefully a set of new pups too). I got the tuners from Guitar Fetish and they are a vast improvement in looks and functionality.

vigilante397

LOVE the pickup selection on the MIM! Really sweet looking guitar 8) Also, the Squier Affinity strat was my first electric guitar ever, and they can be made into decent guitars. That's the main thing I love about a strat-style body, super easy to mod. By the time I sold it my strat had 5 single coil pickups and I added a couple extra switches so you could turn on all 5 pickups at the same time. It was a BEAST :icon_eek:
  • SUPPORTER
"Some people love music the way other people love chocolate. Some of us love music the way other people love oxygen."

www.sushiboxfx.com

vigilante397

UPDATE: So my new guitar body/neck arrived Tuesday, and I got to work filling it in, unfortunately I forgot to take two things into account: 1) This is my first USA made guitar so I forgot that metric threaded hardware won't fit; 2) The pickups have the same size ring, which means either the bridge ring will be too low or the neck ring will be too high. In this case it's the latter.

So I've ordered properly threaded posts for the bridge and tailpiece and a neck-height pickup ring, and I should have a finished guitar by Saturday :) But everything else has been put in and it's all wired up, so I figured I'd share the progress.....

WAAAAAAAYY more pictures to come later  ;D
  • SUPPORTER
"Some people love music the way other people love chocolate. Some of us love music the way other people love oxygen."

www.sushiboxfx.com

italianguy63

Nathan-- that is coming out NICE!  MC
I used to really be with it!  That is, until they changed what "it" is.  Now, I can't find it.  And, I'm scared!  --  Homer Simpson's dad

vigilante397

Quote from: italianguy63 on March 13, 2015, 02:45:20 AM
Nathan-- that is coming out NICE!  MC

Thanks :) It's actually done now, I just keep forgetting to put up the pictures :P The only thing that would make this guitar more perfect for me is if I actually had time to play it ::)

• SUPPORTER

www.sushiboxfx.com

bluebunny

Give it to me, Nathan.  I'll play it.  I promise.   ;D

Nice job.  The gold parts go really well with the wood.   :icon_cool:
  • SUPPORTER
Ohm's Law - much like Coles Law, but with less cabbage...

vigilante397

Quote from: bluebunny on March 13, 2015, 11:52:47 AM
Give it to me, Nathan.  I'll play it.  I promise.   ;D

I've had a few offers like that :P Hopefully when school lets out I'll be able to get some playing in and maybe even get back to work on my solo album 8)

Quote from: bluebunny on March 13, 2015, 11:52:47 AM
Nice job.  The gold parts go really well with the wood.   :icon_cool:

Thanks ;D All my friends swore chrome hardware would look better but I disagreed.
  • SUPPORTER

www.sushiboxfx.com

Perrow

Quote from: vigilante397 on March 13, 2015, 05:44:05 PM
All my friends swore chrome hardware would look better but I disagreed.

I agree with your friends, but it's still a damn nice looking guitar.
My stompbox wiki -> http://rumbust.net

Keep this site live and ad free, donate a dollar or twenty (and add this link to your sig)

ashcat_lt

I took these pics for another forum, but they fit here too, so...  This is all of my currently functional electrics except for the LP that has been living at my dad's studio, the low-strung Strat that was retired when I got the actual baritone, and the shortscale Peavey with Wolverine on it that my kid thinks is his.

The hooks were $0.47 a piece at the local hardware store and the 2x4s were free.

deadastronaut

Cool, yep i use tool holders for my guitars too...

my mate gave me some proper hangers, but my el cheapo ones are perfect...and much better.
https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

italianguy63

Nathan-- are those tuners "glow in the dark" type plastic.   Just kidding!!!  Reminds me of Creepy Krawlers from my childhood.  (BTW a great toy that has since been banned).

I had to get a few gold truss screws recently for my ZW Les Paul.  What a PITA.  If anybody needs any, let me know, I have about 100 extra!

The gold looks good on the wood.  Especially with the gold Gibson logo.  Now you need brass frets.

MC

I used to really be with it!  That is, until they changed what "it" is.  Now, I can't find it.  And, I'm scared!  --  Homer Simpson's dad

Jdansti

Quote from: italianguy63 on March 15, 2015, 06:27:48 AM
Nathan-- are those tuners "glow in the dark" type plastic.   Just kidding!!!  Reminds me of Creepy Krawlers from my childhood.  (BTW a great toy that has since been banned).

I remember playing with those and breathing the plastic vapors!
  • SUPPORTER
R.G. Keene: EXPECT there to be errors, and defeat them...

vigilante397

Nathan-- are those tuners "glow in the dark" type plastic

You're not the first person to ask that :P I went with those tuners because they were the classic Gibson type, but unfortunately glowing in the dark was not on Gibson's priority list there.

The gold looks good on the wood.  Especially with the gold Gibson logo.  Now you need brass frets.

Thanks :) I still think I made the right decision there. I didn't even think about brass frets, unfortunately that would be WAY more work than it's worth :P
  • SUPPORTER

www.sushiboxfx.com

deadastronaut

i have the same 'greeny' tuners on my black 1990 gibson les paul standard.. :icon_cool:

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

italianguy63

Quote from: deadastronaut on March 15, 2015, 04:11:52 PM
i have the same 'greeny' tuners :icon_cool:

I've heard they are especially made from teeth of folks in the appalachian mountain chain.  (I am going to get soooo flamed.)

:icon_mrgreen:  Too bad this emoticon doesn't have the color reversed.   :P

MC

deadastronaut

:icon_mrgreen:

da da daa daa daaaaaaa....de de dee dee deeeeee....

italianguy63

MuffinFlop

My current stable-

Squier Bronco, Bass VI project, White-on-white Bass VI, and half of my pedal setup

Homebrew guitar using all reclaimed woods. 30.327" scale length, non adjustable truss rod.

SX Pirate Bass. Except for having snapped the headstock off twice, a pretty decent piece of kit for the $50 I paid for it including hardshell case.

I love offset guitars, in case you couldn't tell.