News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures (Guitars)

Started by Rattlehead, May 01, 2007, 03:31:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Krinor

Here's one of my guitars:

It's a 1983 N.J. series, neckthrough B.C. Rich Wave.

momo

Here is my new one, thanks to Jonathan (Jlullo)!!!!....1976 NOS Ibanez Destroyer...I call it the Crazy Train Destroyer.....
"Alas to those who die with their song still in them."

Plinky

Quote from: momo on October 20, 2007, 09:52:58 PM
Here is my new one, thanks to Jonathan (Jlullo)!!!!....1976 NOS Ibanez Destroyer...I call it the Crazy Train Destroyer.....

Sweet... you don't see too many lawsuit instruments nowadays. ;) Does it play or sound better than a Gibson Explorer?

momo

Chris, I just returned from my luthier and showed him my Destroyer,...he really freaked!! He said that the neck was PERFECT, and he had nothing to do on it.
He also brought to my attention how awsome the finish was,because you could see that it melted in the wood after 30 years and since its new, the gloss brings out the grain of the wood, you see the dips in the wood "cracks/grain".
I have not played a Explorer, but the Super70 pups on there are really awsome,nice and fat,full of rich overtones.
Im actually going to buy the Supro 24 amp Kit that they sell here....http://www.turretboards.com/
I should then have absolutly no excuse for lame tone....
"Alas to those who die with their song still in them."

jonathan perez

before

after

(duncan custom customs are the BEST...)

no longer the battle of midway...(i left that band)...

i hate signatures with gear lists/crap for sale....

i am a wah pervert...ask away...

nbabmf

Squier Telecaster, Butterscotch Blonde Special Edition
Epiphone Les Paul Classic Plus
Titan Fat Jagster

mattpocket

Why did the headstock go from saying fender to esp?

Quote from: thebattleofmidway on November 11, 2007, 01:17:59 AM
before

after

(duncan custom customs are the BEST...)

Built: LofoMofo, Dist+, Active AB Box, GGG 4 Channel Mixer, ROG Omega
On the Bench:Random Number Generator, ROG Multi-face, Speak & Spell
--------------------------------------------
My Pop-Punk Band - www.myspace.com/stashpocket

jonathan perez

because i only use ESP guitars  :D

this one is well on its way, too.  ;)
no longer the battle of midway...(i left that band)...

i hate signatures with gear lists/crap for sale....

i am a wah pervert...ask away...

StephenGiles

Is that a Fender Les Paul Junior up there? :icon_biggrin:
"I want my meat burned, like St Joan. Bring me pickles and vicious mustards to pierce the tongue like Cardigan's Lancers.".

petemoore

Destroyer is a very nice piece.
  I had one like that, perfect neck and all.
  That's another reason I don't like lending guitars, His girlfriend stepped on on purpose, and broke the neck...long ago...psycho-shame.
  It was a loaner because his LP got stolen out of the back seat of my car [always take the time to trunk your axes].
  It's good that you're taking pics, bad stuff can easily happen to fine guitars.
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

Andre

My latest treasure:

It's an Indie IJ1

chris84

Branimir

Edwards LP Goldtop, Seymour Duncan pickups, they put them on every Edwards...

Can't tell a bad thing about it, I have it for almost a year now, tuners are great, gotoh japan, stays in tune, one piece mahogany body and one piece mahogany neck, long tenon, maple top, its poly lacquer though, but it sounds like thunder and its really nice to play..

Umor

Built: Fuzz Face, Small Stone, Trem Lune, Fet Muff, Big Muff (green), Fuxx Face, Son of Screamer, Rat, Rebote 2.5, Opamp Big Muff, EA Tremolo, Easyvibe, Axis Face Si

Austin73

Parker Fly Deluxe, Tanglewood TomKat, Burns Sonic (I think) Dean forget the name but cheap and very good and a Yamaha Drop 6, The red one at the back is an old Aria Pro Cat that I will eventually just bin as I want to put the Kahler Trem on a home built one.

Notice I only have one amp! Cost my £5 years ago and the worst multi fx in the world but I still use it for some reason!

Acoustics are Kramer 12 string , Yamaha FG 310 and my wifes old nylon guitar the blue one is a Stagg for my 2year old son to have fun with.

I know they aren't amazing but I love them just wish I had more time but hey kids are kinda cool too! lol

Cheers for looking

Aus

P.S Posted my rack and pedals too
Bazz Fuss, Red LLama, Harmonic Jerkulator, LoFo MoFo, NPN Boost, Bronx Cheer, AB Box, Dual Loop, Crash Sync

Austin73

Forgot to ask,

the burns guitar I have had for years (my dad gave it me) I know it has the same trisonic pick ups as Brian May uses but thats it so if anybody knows any other information about it I would love to know. And yes its almost unplayable these days but I love it . The bridge pick up is very weak and the switches need sorting out but the neck pickup is massive to say the least

Aus
Bazz Fuss, Red LLama, Harmonic Jerkulator, LoFo MoFo, NPN Boost, Bronx Cheer, AB Box, Dual Loop, Crash Sync

StephenGiles

Quote from: Austin73 on January 06, 2008, 11:39:30 AM

Parker Fly Deluxe, Tanglewood TomKat, Burns Sonic (I think) Dean forget the name but cheap and very good and a Yamaha Drop 6, The red one at the back is an old Aria Pro Cat that I will eventually just bin as I want to put the Kahler Trem on a home built one.

Notice I only have one amp! Cost my £5 years ago and the worst multi fx in the world but I still use it for some reason!

Acoustics are Kramer 12 string , Yamaha FG 310 and my wifes old nylon guitar the blue one is a Stagg for my 2year old son to have fun with.

I know they aren't amazing but I love them just wish I had more time but hey kids are kinda cool too! lol

Cheers for looking

Aus

P.S Posted my rack and pedals too

Yes, I had a Burns Sonic back in 1965, it was my second factory guitar. It had a good sound but neck heavy! I never knew they made black ones, mine was dark red.
"I want my meat burned, like St Joan. Bring me pickles and vicious mustards to pierce the tongue like Cardigan's Lancers.".

tiges_ tendres

Those burns Sonics are fetching quite a bit on Ebay (Surprise Surprise)

Try a little tenderness.

Austin73

they didn't it was repainted before my dad got it. It is amazingly neck heavy ! I remember loosing out on a gig with a local band because I had to have it that hight up I looked like Mark King! Sadly the bridge is missing and its very rough round the edges but could never sell it means too much to me. Even has a case which is in similar condition. I don't suppose you know how its wired do you as it would be cool to try and emulate on another guitar.

Cheers for info so far

Aus

P.S If you want more detailed pics let me know

smnm

Quote from: Austin73 on January 06, 2008, 01:53:29 PM
they didn't it was repainted before my dad got it. It is amazingly neck heavy ! I remember loosing out on a gig with a local band because I had to have it that hight up I looked like Mark King! Sadly the bridge is missing and its very rough round the edges but could never sell it means too much to me. Even has a case which is in similar condition. I don't suppose you know how its wired do you as it would be cool to try and emulate on another guitar.

I zeroed in on the Sonic right off - although they are neck heavy they are great gtrs IMO - amazing brutal beat/punk sound.
Yours looks like it's from around '61-2. Shame about the bridge pickup - might be worth getting re-wound. A Bigsby sorkin /'bow-tie' bridge would be a good match for the original that you've lost - they sell on ebay for about £25. It might be work just re-doing the solder joints on the switch, in case that's the only problem. Mine was wired so they would be out of phase in the middle position, and I changed this back to a normal arrangement - both pickups in parallel is usually my favourite sound on any gtr.

On mine I was able to lower the action by taking out the spacers holding the pickups up (leaving the springs to do the job) - this allowed me to lower the bridge further = better action. I had to decomission the tremolo to do this, but it has a different trem/tail to yours, so it might not work for you.

Also I've seen some people moving the strap button to the lower bout - this makes it better balanced, but you need a longer strap. I haven't done it to mine as it's an unmolested 1960 model.

Austin73

Simon,

Your a star mate thats great info so far . If you spot the bridge on ebay can you give me a shout or if you get hold of one PM me and I'll glady pay that. I was always scared to open her up to check the switches its actually the small white flick switch that doesn't seem to do anything. The pots and the main toggle switch work not too bad as I have cleaned them . I googled it and so the red colour which is a shame that its been painted black but it wouldn't be worth taking back to original as I have only known it as being black.

If you or anybody wants I can open her up tomorrow and take some pics etc didn't realise I had such a cool guitar as everytime I got it out everyone laughed hence the aria cat!

Revenge is sweet lol

Cheers for input so far chaps

Aus