News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures (Guitars)

Started by Rattlehead, May 01, 2007, 03:31:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bluebunny

I'd have one off you Kevin, but I fear that might result in somewhat more than just raised eyebrows from Mrs. B.  :(
  • SUPPORTER
Ohm's Law - much like Coles Law, but with less cabbage...

Dotoar

fowl

What's the Aria box?  Tape delay?

Dotoar

Quote from: fowl on November 15, 2021, 08:53:26 PM

That's right, with an 8-track cartridge.

vigilante397

Quote from: Dotoar on November 15, 2021, 08:58:06 PM
Quote from: fowl on November 15, 2021, 08:53:26 PM

That's right, with an 8-track cartridge.

I have one almost exactly like that, but stamped with a different name. Neat little unit.
  • SUPPORTER
"Some people love music the way other people love chocolate. Some of us love music the way other people love oxygen."

www.sushiboxfx.com

YurkshireLad

My only guitar, an RG1570...

stallik

I've (almost) completed another TeleType build. Same Tele silhouette as before but this time with a forearm contour. Set neck, 24 frets, Black Limba body, light mahogany neck, ebony board, SS frets & Gotoh hardware. P90's are by Bloodstone (Yorkshire) which sound really great though this is the first time I've used P90's so I've nothing to compare them against. Sanded to 2000 grit but, as yet, completely unfinished as I'm still testing that on an offcut. Raw wood feels like silk.

Plans for the next two are underway - mahogany body with bog oak cap, HH & Trem for me and a miniature version for my granddaughter.

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Albert Einstein

bluebunny

Oh my bloody wow!  (Sorry, I've lost the power of English...)   :icon_eek:

What a fine pair of twins.  Gor-ge-ous!  :icon_cool:
  • SUPPORTER

sekim

One of my Gretsch guitars w/ 24k gold plating on some of the hardware:

stallik

Plans for my bog oak guitar have been shelved for about 6-12 months as the wood just isn't ready.

So..  I have 2 ideas in the meantime. It'll be another 'mystyle' tele but either a Brian May inspired ( 3x burns trisonic with 6 switches but no scratch plate) or an acoustic (piezo + 1 PU) I'll end up building both at some point but which one first?
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Albert Einstein

tubelectron

Pictures (Guitars)... Sorry Guys, I can't remember what I have posted here since I haven't been here for a long time...  :icon_redface: :-[

Two restorations / rescues / transformations of leftover-derelict-trashed instruments :

The Orange Blossom Special - an improbable Danelectro 59 Lefty Hollowbody :

The Silver Zepp' - an improbable Gretsch Lefty Thinline 3-PU Hollowbody :

One build - inspired by Reverend and Music-Man guitar designs, but LH - the Super Charger :

A+!

I apologize for my approximative english writing and understanding !
http://guilhemamplification.jimdofree.com/

Fender3D

You should have called it "Derelictro"  :icon_mrgreen:

Nice work of course  :icon_wink:
"NOT FLAMMABLE" is not a challenge

tubelectron

Quote from: Fender3D on February 23, 2022, 05:09:26 AM
You should have called it "Derelictro"  :icon_mrgreen:

Nice work of course  :icon_wink:

DERELICTRO

Excellent, Yes @Fender3D ! Too bad that idea did not come to my mind in time...  :-\

A+!
I apologize for my approximative english writing and understanding !
http://guilhemamplification.jimdofree.com/

stallik

Been in my workshop today working on my next build. Had Ben Crowe's livestream (1 day build in aid of Ukraine) on in the background. At one point, we were doing the same job but i was going at 10% of his speed.
Anyway, just love this fretboard - should just avoid the big knot at the top

stallik

Added a bass to my collection. Ibanez Soundgear SR300FM. £30 in the local house clearance store. Good clean, new battery and a setup - works fine. Its got a few dings here and there but is as much as I need

bluebunny

Thirty quid?  Bloody hell!  :icon_eek:  Great score, Kevin.  :icon_cool:
  • SUPPORTER

stallik

They've got a Tele in there for £30 as well. Fender logo, bigsby that's not connected , ferrules at the back are well out of line. Someone's obviously been hacking at it but I'm tempted to grab it anyway as I can soon build another body for it. could be worth it just for the parts...

vigilante397

For thirty quid it doesn't even have to work, I would say go for it. Any Ibanez bass for thirty is a steal, even a Gio, but an SR300 is insane. Nice score  8)
  • SUPPORTER
"Some people love music the way other people love chocolate. Some of us love music the way other people love oxygen."

www.sushiboxfx.com

stallik

I missed the Tele unfortunately. A lesson to grab it when I can. The Ibanez is the first active guitar I've played. It's surprising how many different sounds I can get out of it. I have a Peavey Microbass which has been sitting under my bench unused for some time. Thought I'd play through that but tried my old Roost 50w valve amp. I'd heard that people were using them for bass and I can see why. That thing shakes the walls :icon_twisted:

stallik

I'm building a Brian May Tele type. 3x Trisonics and either Red Special wiring with 6 switches OR blade switch with my favourite combinations. I've made a mock up of the 6 switches which I'll use to audition the sounds but now I've built it, I kind of like the look. The array is small but thumb down, finger up works. Back row are phase, front on/off. I appreciate that its not ideal for 'heat of battle' stuff but this is only for bedroom noodling and there's little room in my standard cavity.

What do you think - am I just being silly? Bigger cavity or blade switch?