News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures (Guitars)

Started by Rattlehead, May 01, 2007, 03:31:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hamfist

Current favorite.  '60 Melody Maker outfitted with early 60's P90.  Sounds HUGE. 

'62 LP/SG Junior.  Slightly second in hugeness to the Melody Maker.  Dragonfly may remember this one, as well as the amp.  ;)

I need to get a "family photo" so I don't go gloggin' up a whole page with one post.  Those are the two current favorites though.

jalien21

i just finished this bass about a month ago. sounds and feels super sweet.

more pics: http://www.rpi.edu/~miglij2/Photos.html

Mann

How do you insert a picture into these messages?

GREEN FUZ

Quote from: smnm on May 04, 2007, 08:37:37 AM
Liking this thread!  more from me  :D

family snapshot - Supro 1950s?, Airline 1960, Silvertone 1958:

another (Hagstrom /Futurama early 60s):

and, rare (Wandre, Italian, with alu neck, early 60s):

I vomited with envy when I saw them.

Barcode80

here is my odd jap strat, mid 80's. it has the strangest termolo i've ever seen, seems to be a fender version of a floyd rose, and it has a lock nut that locks with a lever instead of bolts. only thing i've done to it since i bought it (200 out the door, i love working at a guitar shop!) is put those chrome knobs on from an old bass i had. just seems to make it look a lot nicer than the stock black ones.

Hanglow

Quote from: Mann on May 06, 2007, 01:27:41 PM
How do you insert a picture into these messages?

Put a picture on imageshack.us. Copy the bottom link that it goves you, click on this button then paste the link between the two middle brackets

smnm

Ah well, if I can't wow you with my electronics prowess, at least you like my guitars ;)
The 1960 Airline is the worst player of the 3, but I'm still keeping it. Got it for $400, but the prices have gone way up since then.

Prev owner was a gtr tech in Texas - told me Billy Gibbons gave it to him.

It's my turn to be jealous now - Hamfist - that Melody Maker is a beauty (I've got a 3/4 size '59 for relativley cheap, but it doesn't compare, I don't play it much...)

GREEN FUZ

Quote from: smnm on May 06, 2007, 03:30:08 PM
the prices have gone way up since then.

No kidding, there`s one on ebay right now for about $2000. Damn you Jack White!!!

jlullo

Quote from: Hamfist on May 06, 2007, 12:20:48 PM
Current favorite.  '60 Melody Maker outfitted with early 60's P90.  Sounds HUGE. 

'62 LP/SG Junior.  Slightly second in hugeness to the Melody Maker.  Dragonfly may remember this one, as well as the amp.  ;)

I need to get a "family photo" so I don't go gloggin' up a whole page with one post.  Those are the two current favorites though.

hamfist...
that SG jr is pretty much making me cry right now

haha this thread is going to be the end of me

Plinky

Everyone else is jumping into this thread, so why not join them? ;D

Here's a few from my collection. I have about 12-13 guitars in my collection. These are some of my faves.

Here are my current go to guitars. 2 Ibanez Andy Timmons models, an AT100 and AT300 respectively, and my Fender Franken-copy of an AT100.

Here's a rare one you don't see all the time. A 1991 USRG (before the dawn of the tension-free neck).

rocket

Quote from: Barcode80 on May 06, 2007, 02:45:19 PM
here is my odd jap strat, mid 80's. it has the strangest termolo i've ever seen, seems to be a fender version of a floyd rose, and it has a lock nut that locks with a lever instead of bolts.

Isn't that a Kahler trem?

Barcode80

could be a licensed kahler, it would have to be a licensed version though, as the fender logo is etched into it.

mattpocket

Looks similar to a kahler design...
Built: LofoMofo, Dist+, Active AB Box, GGG 4 Channel Mixer, ROG Omega
On the Bench:Random Number Generator, ROG Multi-face, Speak & Spell
--------------------------------------------
My Pop-Punk Band - www.myspace.com/stashpocket

mongo

mattpocket

Here is my latest buy...

Its *supposedly* a Sakai, which was a japanese make that were around in the late sixties early seventies which Hohner imported under their name. Here is a website with a picture of a sakai model: http://www.theguitarcollection.org.uk/gallery1/sakai.html

As you can see below, mine looks remarkably like it only the headstock appears blank, although the sakai name plaque could have been lost over the years.

It was on ebay for £70 (starting bid), and didnt sell, I noticed it was relisted as £50 but I was going to be away on holiday when the auction ended, so I put a bid in before I went. Only a couple of quid over the starting bid, and when I got into work this morning, it turns out I won it! I am a bit apprehensive as to whether it is the same guitar as on the link I supplied (mine has two pickups and a trem) and the fact it has no name badge is a bit dodgy too, but I though for £50, you cant complain, I like the look of it anyway and I've been looking for something a bit different. Btw, I am not going to use it in my pop-punk band, as I expect it to sound awful for that style. I'll be using it at home to write with, muck around on, and do the odd bit of psychedelic noodling! haha

Matt
Built: LofoMofo, Dist+, Active AB Box, GGG 4 Channel Mixer, ROG Omega
On the Bench:Random Number Generator, ROG Multi-face, Speak & Spell
--------------------------------------------
My Pop-Punk Band - www.myspace.com/stashpocket

remmelt

Hot guitars there, mongo. Very very nice.

GREEN FUZ

Quotethe fact it has no name badge is a bit dodgy too
Not necessarily. It could be any one of a number of labels, Kent, Kimberly, Audition, Kay, Top Twenty...the list goes on. These Japanese guitars are fairly generic, possibly made by Guyatone and were commonly rebadged for foreign markets. Usually the badge is the first thing to disappear/fall off. The vibrato arm is also often missing. They aren`t the best made guitars in the world but sometimes you luck out and get a real player with decent sounding pickups. Any luck you have one there.

Barcode80

okay, some research, and you are correct. my strat trem is a kahler made specifically for fender for that model of strat. apparently it is pretty rare, and even more rare is the whammy bar (mine is missing too). anyone know where i can find one?  ;D

zeta55

Quote from: slacker on May 06, 2007, 09:47:08 AM
Here's another one of mine. A 1981 Ibanez Musician - aka "The Beast"   beautiful guitar weighs an absolute ton though.

Hey, I had one like that. It was the first guitar I bought with my own money. I deeply regret selling it. Kinda weird Humbuckers in it, sounded kindy muddy, neck through if I remember right. Sold it about 15 years ago, a very nice guitar.

Here's a picture of one of my guitars as of today. I own a few more but this is the only one I had in my photobucket album.
It's a reworked squier body from the early -80s with original FR and a warmoth neck, it's my darling ;D

Visit my site: http://www.zeta-sound.se/

daydreamdelay

here's mine.. '66 Jazzmaster and a 60's Framus 5/355 that's stringless as it's having some fretwork done

i'm sorry.. that was just a noise