Sucky Loud Obnoxious Badly Played Uglyface Clip....now with 40% more lasers

Started by $uperpuma, May 08, 2007, 10:20:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

$uperpuma

Breadboards are as invaluable as underwear - and also need changed... -R.G.

mig27

Sounds bloody gorgeous.
I really loved the middle part where you played lots of low notes.

Is this Uglyface modded in anyway?
This one has been on my "to build"-list for years...

Michael

$uperpuma

This one isn't modded at all... Although compared to others I've built, the envelope sound seems to resolve slower.. nice and gradual... this may be due to a variation on the vactrol, but I can't be sure.

a must-build for noise seekers

GREEN FUZ

Now that is cool!! Sounds like a Dalek mating with a Space Invaders console.

GREEN FUZ

I don`t want to hijack your thread but your clip inspired me to go searching for a PCB layout for the Uglyface. Didn`t find it but I did come across this site which appears to be selling kits.

Whaddayatink?

http://www.takkyparts.com/projects/uglyface/index.php

jonathan perez

Quote from: GREEN FUZ on May 08, 2007, 02:21:15 PM
I don`t want to hijack your thread but your clip inspired me to go searching for a PCB layout for the Uglyface. Didn`t find it but I did come across this site which appears to be selling kits.

Whaddayatink?

http://www.takkyparts.com/projects/uglyface/index.php

NO, keep searching.

Quote from: Chuck on May 08, 2007, 03:11:15 PM

Sounds a lot like a Buttprobe.

http://www.metasonix.com/TX2.htm

probably is.  ;)
no longer the battle of midway...(i left that band)...

i hate signatures with gear lists/crap for sale....

i am a wah pervert...ask away...

GREEN FUZ

QuoteNO, keep searching.

Not sure what`s meant by this. Do you mean this isn`t a version of Tim Escobedo`s Uglyface? If so, why is there a direct link to his schematic aswell as one to an Uglyface build report by Gary Burchett?

$uperpuma

Its the same thing. Even the board build pics look the same. My concern is that Mr. Escobedo is probably not receiving a dime.  Thats the part that would upset me. I don't know if there is an arrangement. I don't want to further speculate. Other than that.. the parts for the uglyface are so common, (other than the vactrol that can still be had fairly easily) that at $60US  plus overseas shipping theres not really a need to order a kit for it.

tungngruv

$uperpuma

GREEN FUZ

QuoteMy concern is that Mr. Escobedo is probably not receiving a dime.
That`s really what I was getting at. I`m not interested in buying the kit.  Maybe I`m just picking at old wounds, there have been enough threads relating to these matters already.
Thanks tung, I have seen the schem and vero layout already. I was looking for a PCB layout ( have it now ). Haven`t tried vero but me and stripboard don`t get on. Bad soldering technique + too many possible connection points = disaster.

EDIT:You can probably add complete ignorance into the equation somewhere, same result.

btw if I haven`t made the point already. Great clip.

$uperpuma

I've done them on PCB's and vero... prefer a PCB personally. Try the ROG mods shown in the layout above, too.

FisTheGoon

Try it man.You wont regret.Lazer Gun.cool.synth sound cool.If you tweak it, you could get Muse Hysteria bass sound. But that depend on individual.For me it sound the same as the song not 100% la.Cheers :icon_lol:

Tim Escobedo

$uperpuma

Hambo

Ive just added an 'expression pedal' to my uglyface. Ha I got one of the PC steering wheel setups I saw mentioned in a RG post (I think it was)
And run the freq knob out to there through a switched jack. Oh my thats fun, it doesnt make any difference when its playing, but when youre muting for laser noises you can shift it around with your foot :D.
My missus was astonished at how INVOLVED I looked for about half hour while I 'tested' it! Think I might run the envelope to the other footpedal in it.

Ben N

• SUPPORTER

$uperpuma

Yes, I am toying with this some, I am trying different LDR values, Dann at 4MS built one of these for someone that had a switchable LDR for frequency I believe... I think I want to do one for freq and sens.... I'd be interested to see what they do when tweaked together