Main Menu

First name

Started by aron, May 11, 2007, 08:03:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zero the hero

Quote from: d@vide on May 19, 2007, 08:58:03 AM
hey Alessandro (aka ZeroTheHero)
è bello sapere che c'è un altro italiano a cui piacciono i GONG
Intendo i primi GONG (Camenbert Electrique, AngelsEgg, You) :-)
sorry to all for this italian intermission
Ho letto solo ora! Tutto il filone Canterbury é forse il mio genere preferito, prova a sentire qualcosa degli "Hatfield and the north"...
Ciao!

QuoteHehe...
Italians and prog-rock. Why does you guys have such good taste?
Thanks! So, let's listen some "Premiata Forneria Marconi","Area" and "Banco del Mutuo Soccorso"'s records!
Although I prefer UK and Canterbury scene, I can't stop listening to PFM early records.

MarcoMike

bah... Italians!  >:( They are everywhere!

hey, wait a minute...  ::) ...  :icon_eek: :icon_eek:  doh!

nice to "meet" you guys! :icon_wink:
Only those who attempt the absurd will achieve the impossible.

ubersam

LoudGreg

Guitar player not a tech............

~arph

I read something about a Cunning Cow.. interesting, but my name is: Are now'ed   ::)
Oh and yes, I'm dutch too.. kickass!  ;D

joelap

hehe... I'm Italian-American, and although I understand 90% of what you were saying to one another, I can't add anything to the convo without looking like a fool misuing the language!  Thats why I pretty much only lurk at DIYitalia  :icon_cool:
- witty sig -

grapefruit

I'm in. I've always put my real name at the end of posts but for some reason I used grapefruit for my username when I joined. I guess because not many other people used their real names, and I love grapefruit!

Stew.

Sir H C

My handle is just my first name backwards with some extra spaces...

sir h c chris

JimRayden

Quote from: grapefruit on May 30, 2007, 10:37:44 AM
I'm in. I've always put my real name at the end of posts but for some reason I used grapefruit for my username when I joined. I guess because not many other people used their real names, and I love grapefruit!

Stew.

Mm I love grapefruit pye. :D

---------
Jimbo

cab42

I really like this. It becomes much more personal when you can address people with their real name.

Like Stew I always use my real name in posts.

My displayname is my initials + a number as my initials were already taken when I first used this as an email address.

Can anyone guess what the number 42 is a reference to :icon_question:

Regards

Carsten Bøcker

BTW: Is the "ø" in my last name shown correctly in everybody's browsers? It should be an o with with a diagonal line, the same letter as an ö

• SUPPORTER
"Rick, your work is almost disgusting, it's so beautiful.  Meaning: it's so darned pretty that when I look at my own stuff, it makes me want to puke my guts out."
Ripthorn

The Tone God

Quote from: cab42 on May 30, 2007, 05:14:26 PM
Can anyone guess what the number 42 is a reference to :icon_question:

I'll be really depressed if people don't know this.

Andrew

Dave_B

Keep your Xanax at the ready, Andrew, 'cause I don't know.   ;D
Help build our Wiki!

JimRayden

cab42

Quote from: JimRayden on May 31, 2007, 03:25:47 AM
Here you go, Carsten and Dave...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Answer_to_Life%2C_the_Universe%2C_and_Everything

---------
Jimbo

Dave, you should read the book(s). I think I have read the Hitchikers Guide at least six times.

I once bought the BBC radioplay on casette tape on a trip to England (pre-internet trade era), but I have heard that it is not the original background music compared to the radio show.

Regards

Carsten
  • SUPPORTER
"Rick, your work is almost disgusting, it's so beautiful.  Meaning: it's so darned pretty that when I look at my own stuff, it makes me want to puke my guts out."
Ripthorn

Dave_B

Thanks, Jim.  Thanks for the suggestion Carsten, but I'm not sure when I would get around to reading something like that.  I still haven't made it through my 12th grade reading list. 
Help build our Wiki!

puretube

yes, Carsten, in the german browser I see your " ö " clearly with the diagonal dash through the "o" .
Do you see my two dots above the " o " ?

:icon_smile:

Dave_B

Using the English version of Firefox, I see both "ö" and "ø".
Help build our Wiki!

markm

I just love the KFC bucket!  :icon_lol:

R-Man

yes i don't like calling people by their handle nick names it kind of feels like they don't want me to know get to know them at all....

Hi, I'm Raahem, (its pronounced Raahim strange yes) and I've had R-Man as a nickname since i was 9 :) (nearly fifteen now)

:D

JimRayden

Hello Raahem. :D

---------
Jimbo