News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

First name

Started by aron, May 11, 2007, 08:03:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jdansti

Hi everyone.  It's great that we have this thread as it helps personalize posting a little more. When responding to posts, it's nice to be able to call someone by their first name instead of using some of the "creative" handles.  I'm not picking on anyone, but it's nice to use a real name instead of having to type, "@Mr. Rat's Ass, check R3", or "Thanks for the advice, Puss Filled Maggot!" ;D

The only thing is, while we have some first names in this thread, it doesn't help when reading and responding to posts. The RAM in my brain's memory banks seems to be getting smaller as I get older. Some of us have added our first name (or initials, or what our friends would call us) to our profile so that it shows up under our profile photo, or where the photo would be if there's no photo. To do this, go to your Profile and click on Forum Profile Information. Type your name where it says Personal Text and click Change Profile to save.

Anyway, this is just a request and I thought I'd throw it out there for those who wish to be addressed by their first name. :)
  • SUPPORTER
R.G. Keene: EXPECT there to be errors, and defeat them...

deadastronaut

^ i concur...

puss filled maggot?...now why didn't i think of that... ;D
https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

electricstorm

Hello everyone!

Been lurking on your wonderful forum and foud this thread. Thought I'd add the info requested. I'm Jim from the U.S. (North Carolina if anyone's interested).

Joined the forum in hopes of learning more about stompboxes. Stumbled upon the Lovetone Flanger threads, too bad it hasn't been traced yet. Anyway, left a schematic
on the Lovetone Flange With No Name - Clone Thread. Hope it helps in some small way.

Sorry, got off topic there.

Thanks again for a wonderful resource here!

Jim

Jdansti

Quote from: electricstorm on October 06, 2012, 01:49:00 PM
Hello everyone!

Been lurking on your wonderful forum and foud this thread. Thought I'd add the info requested. I'm Jim from the U.S. (North Carolina if anyone's interested).

Joined the forum in hopes of learning more about stompboxes. Stumbled upon the Lovetone Flanger threads, too bad it hasn't been traced yet. Anyway, left a schematic
on the Lovetone Flange With No Name - Clone Thread. Hope it helps in some small way.

Sorry, got off topic there.

Thanks again for a wonderful resource here!

Jim

Welcome to the forum, Jim!

Thanks for introducing yourself and for contributing the flanger scheme. Looking forward to hearing more from you!  :)
  • SUPPORTER

duck_arse

puss filled maggot? I use "puke, spit and guts" elsewhere (what a band).

people call me stephen in real life, but that doesn't mean I have to like it.
You hold the small basket while I strain the gnat.

tca

Quote from: R.G. on May 11, 2007, 11:48:09 PM
I've always - always - used my name on line, and I think it is silly to NOT do so.

Same here!

Cheers
"The future is here, it's just not evenly distributed yet." -- William Gibson

Jdansti

Quote from: duck_arse on December 29, 2012, 09:01:11 AM
puss filled maggot? I use "puke, spit and guts" elsewhere (what a band).

people call me stephen in real life, but that doesn't mean I have to like it.

Hi, Stephen duck_arse!  With a few notable exceptions, it's probably a good thing that our parents get to name us and we have no choice in the matter!   ;D
  • SUPPORTER

duck_arse

not being one, I can safely say the parents are THE WORST people to be allowed to choose names.

my ~5 y/o neice said her to-be-born brother was named "hank einstein", but her parents said "harley."

my point exactly.
You hold the small basket while I strain the gnat.

Jdansti

^Good point. God help you if your dad was Frank Zappa.  ;D
  • SUPPORTER

petey twofinger

im learning , we'll thats what i keep telling myself

haveyouseenhim

• SUPPORTER
http://www.youtube.com/haveyouseenhim89

I'm sorry sir, we only have the regular ohms.

petey twofinger

its a patch on the boss SE-50 .
im learning , we'll thats what i keep telling myself

LightSoundGeometry

hello - John L here from St Louis area/ Illinois

I am new here., I can't seem to find the search bar to look for old threads and topics. Possibly keep me from making a new thread already posted before with all answers..I am looking around but cant find !

tca

Hi John, welcome.

Here: http://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?action=search

Something like this:

Look just below the main title bar, there's the search button.

Cheers.
"The future is here, it's just not evenly distributed yet." -- William Gibson

LightSoundGeometry

right there ..I feel stupid now .. :D

Jdansti

• SUPPORTER

Aharon

Have used my real name from day one
Aharon
Aharon

whoisalhedges

MaxPower

Wouldn't this work better if we just called each other Bruce?

-Bruce
What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters, compared to what lies within us - Emerson

davepedals

Hi,

Took a break from building some time ago to pursue a bit of touring.  Don't recall if I ever introduced myself, my apologies for that!  Great place this is!

Dave
dave