Some doubts regarding wiring two pedals in one box

Started by nebucanazza, May 19, 2007, 02:21:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nebucanazza

I am thinking of making a couple of dual effects - a dual boost(with Sparkle Boost + Peppermill) and a dual amp sim box( Professor Tweed + Eighteen). Now for the dual boost, I would like to have bypass, either effect on or both on together. For the dual amp sim, it should be bypass or one effect on. According to my understanding, for the first case the following arrangement of two 3PDTs should work : http://aronnelson.com/gallery/The-Mod-Zone-%21/WIRING_2_FX_IN_1_BOX
For the second case, I was thinking of a single 3PDT on/off with a DPDT On-On toggle( For Tweed/ Marshall :)) sending the signal to either circuit but not both. Will this work or I am way off target ? Any links for this kind of wiring?

Meanderthal

I am not responsible for your imagination.

nebucanazza

Meanderthal

I am not responsible for your imagination.

Mika

Quote from: Meanderthal on May 19, 2007, 02:27:48 PM

Sorry. Please I need Help.
2 Effect in One box.
3 Footswitch:
a) On/bypass
b) A or B
c) A and B.... A -> B -> Out

Tanks
Best Regards

antonis

Best regards too butn what exactly is your query..??
"I'm getting older while being taught all the time" Solon the Athenian..
"I don't mind  being taught all the time but I do mind a lot getting old" Antonis the Thessalonian..

Mika

Quote from: antonis on February 13, 2021, 01:10:04 PM
Best regards too butn what exactly is your query..??

2 effect in one box, and 3 footswitchs 3pdt.

First: on/Bypass
Second: select effect A or effect B to output
third: select both effect in order A -> B -> Output

thank you so much
Best Regards

antonis

"I'm getting older while being taught all the time" Solon the Athenian..
"I don't mind  being taught all the time but I do mind a lot getting old" Antonis the Thessalonian..

Mika

Quote from: antonis on February 13, 2021, 02:16:39 PM
Something like this, perhaps..??

Uáu... fantástic.... but I need 2 effect in this. 3 swtichs and 2 PCB :-)

fabulous thankful

Mika

Quote from: Mika on February 12, 2021, 07:41:21 PM
Quote from: Meanderthal on May 19, 2007, 02:27:48 PM

Sorry. Please I need Help.
2 Effect in One box.
3 Footswitch:
a) On/bypass
b) A or B
c) A and B.... A -> B -> Out

Tanks
Best Regards

Like This, but other footswitch to connect Effect 1 + Effect 2 -> Output

bluelagoon

What Mika is looking for effectively is the same switching format that is used in the Way Huge, Camel Toe effect pedal, where there are 2 way huge fx, the Green Rhino and the Red Lama. if you can figure that one out, then we may have the desired result. Would be happy to know how the Camel Toe switching works myself, for a project of my own. Its difficult to analyze from the MK2 Camel Toe, but the original Camel Toe, inside the open box does reveal a great deal on the switching wire up. Also appears there is a relay in the switch mix, just to make things harder, next to and in between the 2 footswitches. looks like a tough nut to crack. Good Luck Jim.
See attached images

Cheers.