News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

About this Project

Started by aron, May 29, 2007, 05:59:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aron

Our very own Gaussmarkov will be running this project. I think you will find it very exciting!

petemoore

Excellent distortion project !

Convention creates following, following creates convention.

mattpocket

Maybe you should consider doing a vero/perf/pcb thing too... about how to comit to building it after you are happy with it? But i suppose the other projects cover that?

Matt
Built: LofoMofo, Dist+, Active AB Box, GGG 4 Channel Mixer, ROG Omega
On the Bench:Random Number Generator, ROG Multi-face, Speak & Spell
--------------------------------------------
My Pop-Punk Band - www.myspace.com/stashpocket

gaussmarkov

Quote from: mattpocket on May 30, 2007, 05:38:06 AM
Maybe you should consider doing a vero/perf/pcb thing too... about how to comit to building it after you are happy with it? But i suppose the other projects cover that?

Matt

that's a great idea. :icon_cool: 

i would like to follow the tutorial with discussions on this board of mods to the basic breadboard setup (changing the eq or adding a tone stack, subbing a discrete compression op amp for the 741, stiffening the voltage divider, symmetric diode clippers, ...).  we could follow that up with a pcb layout of a new all-DIY ICB Overdrive.  :icon_biggrin:  then a naming contest. :icon_wink:  is the name "ICBM" already taken?  what could the "M" stand for?

i know ... in my dreams. :icon_lol: :icon_rolleyes:

mattpocket

Definately, then its like an advanced beginner project, the kind of things you do a few projects down the line would help you greatly if you did it on your first one!

Matt
Built: LofoMofo, Dist+, Active AB Box, GGG 4 Channel Mixer, ROG Omega
On the Bench:Random Number Generator, ROG Multi-face, Speak & Spell
--------------------------------------------
My Pop-Punk Band - www.myspace.com/stashpocket

calculating_infinity

Good job gaussmarkov.  Thanks for putting the time in buddy!

zjokka

Really really nice! Thanks

gaussmarkov

hey!  you are most welcome.  :icon_biggrin:

syndromet

This is just great. Brings the whole forum up another notch. I found this increadably usefull. Thanks!
My diy-site: www.syndromet.com

gaussmarkov

Quote from: syndromet on June 15, 2007, 08:27:56 AM
This is just great. Brings the whole forum up another notch. I found this increadably usefull. Thanks!

super!  thanks for saying so. :icon_biggrin:

gaussmarkov

idlechatterbox gave me some more suggestions for the text of this project and i have made some changes.  i appreciate his help!  :icon_cool:

curran

:)hey I just made this pedal and it was a breeze!!! sounds great and I already started modding it too smooth out the bitey top end!!!. but what  great project!!! I am so happy this worked!!!! now I just need to figure out how to read and translate a schematic into a wiring diagram so I can build my own pedals from the web schematics I find every where!! sooooooooooo cool!!!!

Love Curran ;D

gaussmarkov

hi curran,

that's great news!  and welcome to the forum!

all the best, gm  :icon_biggrin: