9V Electric Mistress Pre-build

Started by rasco22862, June 01, 2007, 04:51:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rasco22862

Hi, im going for the 9V electric mistress project that is on the page. I have a few questions:

1)I couldnt get the 33uF tantalum caps, can i use 22uF? Or maybe electrolitic?
2)Instead of the 5 uF, im going to use 4,7uF
3)Instead of 1N4001, im going to use 1N4007
4)Instead of the 1N961B, im going to use BZX55C10 (0,5W 10v Zener)
5)Instead of the CD4013, im going to use HEF4013BP
6)For the 4558, im going to use RC4558NB
7)Can i put a 200k taper resistor in a 1M Lin pot, to make it AntiLog?
8)Is the project true by pass? Because a wire comes out from the board saying Bypass, how is the DPDT Wiring?

Thanks.

rasco22862

8) *Can i add a led with that?
9) What is the V+ Battery lead for?

Thanks

rasco22862

10)Wich one of the two 1uF caps is tantalum?

rasco22862

rasco22862

What is the bypass and V+ battery leads for?

rasco22862

Anybody knows if i can get a true bypass with a dpdt and milennium in this project??

rasco22862

slacker

The v+ battery is for if you want to power it with a battery, it goes to the positive battery connection.
The original isn't truebypass so the bypass wire goes to one outer lug of a SPDT switch and the out wire goes goes to the other outer lug, the middle lug goes to the output jack.
If you want to make it truebypass just use the in and out wires and wire it up like any other effect. You might want to do a search first though because I think it can have a volume drop when on if you truebypass it.

rasco22862

Thanks for the reply. I read all the post about this volume drop, but i didn´t found a "definitive" solution.

Is there a certain way to fix the volume drop of the 9V electric mistress with true bypass?

Thanks

slacker

I don't know if there is a definative way. If I was going to do it the first thing I'd try would be to make R15 bigger that would increase the volume. It might overload the SAD2024 though.

rasco22862

So what booster will be suitable for de electric mistress to normalize the volume?

lowstar

i´d say you use a non-inverting op-amp gain stage, that´s what i did with my bad stone clone to fix the vol-drop issue.

cheers,
lowstar
effects built counter: stopped counting at 100

rasco22862

and how do you do that?

If i choose to include a booster, should i put it before or after the electric mistress?

slacker

There's no point putting the booster before the electric mistress just to overcome the volume drop, because you could get the same result just by changing R15. It would probably be best to put the booster after the effect.

rasco22862

so what booster do you recommend? :P

boogietube

Mosfet Boost - Hands Down. Been following this thread - Thanks Guys!
Pedals Built- Morley ABC Box, Fultone A/B Box, DIY Stompboxes True Bypass box, GGG Drop in Wah, AMZ Mosfet Boost, ROG Flipster, ROG Tonemender, Tonepad Big Muff Pi.
On the bench:  Rebote 2.5,  Dr Boogie, TS808

slacker

you don't need an actual booster you just need something to provide a bit of gain. Using a simple non inverting opamp stage like lowstar suggested is the easiest solution.

rasco22862

Quote from: slacker on June 09, 2007, 04:11:37 PM
you don't need an actual booster you just need something to provide a bit of gain. Using a simple non inverting opamp stage like lowstar suggested is the easiest solution.
I read your post, also i read wikipedia about the non inverting stage opamp. I still dont know but means, but, in this schematic and using a TL071:

Wich pins of the TL071 are in the schematic?
The input is Vin and output is Vout right?
And where should i put a pot to control volume?

rasco22862

Is this correct?

Where should i put a pot, and what values are R1 and R2?

slacker

Thats not quite right. If you want to learn about using opamps have a look here http://sound.westhost.com/dwopa.htm that gives you the basics, but it's all based on using a bi-polar powersupply. To figure out using opamps on 9volts check out the Tone God's page http://www.geocities.com/thetonegod/opamp/opamp.html

Basically you want something like this

put this after the output of the circuit, and attach V+ and VREF1 to those points on the electric mistress schematic.

You can use either a trimmer or a normal pot for the 10k to set the volume.