Why my TS808 and Liquid Sunshine sound week in larger AMP

Started by lynessmy, June 07, 2007, 02:48:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lynessmy

Please help...i had tried my TS808 and Liquid Sunshine in Fender Stage1000 Amp.
The effect turn to be weak sounding. It would great when i use it in my practice amp ...The Ruby.
The circuit are built exactly as suggested.

petemoore

Please help...i had tried my TS808 and Liquid Sunshine in Fender Stage1000 Amp.
  I can envision a high output/clean SS amp..like an FS25, just 40x 'bigger'..
The effect turn to be weak sounding.
  Not surprizing it would sound very different than with the R, I would guess first off, very less distorted.
It would great when i use it in my practice amp ...The Ruby.
  Different horses of different types.
  When I tried my various distorter pedals through a Frontman and Stage 15's and 25's, they weren't anything like 'my pedals'. Not at all like my little amps.
  My sarcastic take on it is that 'Stage' means you can see more of that with these amps, they are 'stage' ready standing alone, all channels of the inputs have some kinda 'heat' on them already, with the clean channel 'boosty bright' and the distortion channel with pretty fierce distortion...so the amp always sounds exciting already, further excitement I found a bit hard to coax out of it...distorting the clean channel with dirtboxes and boosts was futile with the types I'd brought, in their present state, Blackfire, FF, various other distorters and boosters, phase worked good through the clean and dist channels.
   Anyway that was my take on it...some amps have the front end with an already 'tweeked up' sound, so plugging into it always sounds 'exciting' already...but they're not exactly accomodating to furtherly boosted/distorted inputs.
  I can do pretty good with just a 'plain' amp input, like LM3886, tweeking from clean instead of attempting to coax 'more' from an already 'heated' amp [w/built in 'hot' pre-amp], and especially with a 'plain-ish' tube amp.
   So I'd say the FS1000 is just alot not like the Ruby...plug a dirtbox into the Ruby and the amp gets more distorted, maybe the speaker too.

Convention creates following, following creates convention.

lynessmy

Thanks...i will try to get different AMP to test it out.