thoughts on Digitech Space Station eprom copying?

Started by Processaurus, June 07, 2007, 10:02:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mitchschaft

Ok, I was removing the wrong wire off of the switch that I thought was A14. After removing the correct one, and the resistor, all modes work.

I still get the problem with switching from xp100, though.

Govmnt_Lacky

Quote from: mitchschaft on December 20, 2015, 04:55:55 PM
I still get the problem with switching from xp100, though.

Can you give some detail about this? Sounds odd but, run us through it again.
A Veteran is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The United States of America
for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

mitchschaft

Yeah, when I power it on, all of the channels work fine. But, if I'm in XP-100 mode and switch away from it, everything is silent. When you hit the strings, the 'signal' led lights up and everything on the LCD acts normal, just no sound. If I'm in any other mode and switch to 100 mode, it still works fine. But when I switch away from it again, it's silent. It'll do that probably 80% of the time. And the only way to get sound back is if I power cycle it. Gremlins...

Govmnt_Lacky

So....

If you power up in XP300 mode it works fine. Switch from there to XP200 mode it works fine. Switch from there to XP100 mode it works fine. Switch from there to XP400 mode and there is no sounds output? Also, any switching after that you get no sound?

If you cycle power then the whole evolution starts again? Is that all correct?

Are you checking signal output on BOTH outputs?

My guess is that something is going on with your relay setup. Is the relay sticking once it gets power and only a power down will allow it to release?
A Veteran is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The United States of America

mitchschaft

Yeah, everything you described is correct and I've checked the dry and effect outputs.

I was leaning towards the relay, too. The relay makes the click when you leave XP-100 mode and enter it so I don't think it's getting stuck. I guess I should swap it out to test it.

Govmnt_Lacky

Well, after digesting everything. The only other suspect I have is the EEPROM. Somehow, the XP100 code is corrupting the DSP when you leave that function.

Check your solder points on the adapter board too.

mitchschaft

Will do. I'll check back after I check everything out.

Govmnt_Lacky

ksp

hi guys  can anyone here sell me a pre programmed xp300 eprom ? me emails

soundprism@btinternet.com

i dont have a programmer and by the time i buy one it maybe cheaper to get a chip from someone who can flash me one ?

if that fails whats the cheapest programmer for the xprom

hi guys and can anyone here sell me a pre programmed xp300 eprom ? me emails

i dont have a programmer and by the time i buy one it maybe cheaper to get a chip from someone who can flash me one ?

hi guys and can anyone here sell me a pre programmed xp300 eprom ? me emails

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MCUmall-Canada-GQ-brand-True-USB-GQ-4X-EPROM-BIOS-Chip-Burner-Device-Programmer-/121305918744?hash=item1c3e656d18:g:PAAAAOxyCGNTNHY7

slacker

I finally got round to doing the XPAll+ mod with my PIC based switching. I still want to tweak a few things in the code but it basically does its job.
For those who haven't heard about it, this replaces the rotary switch with a stomp switch and a PIC micro controller. The stomp cycles though the four modes and also lets you set which mode the pedal boots up in at power up.

If anyone wants to give it a go the code and schematic are available here https://github.com/slackDSP/XPAll_XPAll-Plus_switcher

Here's a few photos of the build, this is only a temporary set up, the board with the PIC on needs mounting properly.
Thanks to Marmaliser for the EEPROM and daughter board.

I couldn't find any NEC ram chips for a decent price so I did a bit of googling and found that apparently Intel and Hyundai also made the same chips. I was able to find some Hyundai ones on ebay from a UK seller so took a gamble and they work fine.

MüThing

that microcontroller board looks very simple, do you have a shot of it?

slacker

I didn't bother taking a photo of, it's just a scrap of vero with the PIC and a few passives. The schematic for it is here https://github.com/slackDSP/XPAll_XPAll-Plus_switcher/blob/master/hardware/xpall_switcher.pdf I haven't done the stereo mod so it doesn't include the relay and associated parts.
It would be nice to integrate it with the EEPROM daughter board, that would reduce the amount of off board wiring.

MüThing

Looks simple enough, I'd sure pay for a combined PCB though if that was to become a thing.

MüThing

So I did the XP-All+ mod, and things aren't working entirely. Here's a list of which programs work for each pedal:

100 - everything works fine,
200 - no sound on all the patches except for 11-16,
300 - only dry sound,
400 - no sound on any of the patches.

I managed to mess up soldering the R30 jumpers, so I figured I could solder them to the appropriate pins on Q5 (J113) since R30 is just connecting those two pins together (if this isn't the case be sure to let me know.

I'll get some pictures of my awful soldering work tomorrow, if anyone has any clues in the meantime please let me know.

marmaliser

Have you used the latest build doc (the one in two parts) as there  was a switch wiring correction in there.

MüThing

Govmnt_Lacky

Quote from: MüThing on March 04, 2016, 03:06:03 PM
So I did the XP-All+ mod, and things aren't working entirely. Here's a list of which programs work for each pedal:

100 - everything works fine,
200 - no sound on all the patches except for 11-16,
300 - only dry sound,
400 - no sound on any of the patches.

I managed to mess up soldering the R30 jumpers, so I figured I could solder them to the appropriate pins on Q5 (J113) since R30 is just connecting those two pins together (if this isn't the case be sure to let me know.

I'll get some pictures of my awful soldering work tomorrow, if anyone has any clues in the meantime please let me know.

First suspect is the EEPROM. Did you use a 27C1001? Try a freshly burned chip. Are you using an EEPROM with a -12 speed rating or lower?

After that, you will want to look at the RAM chips. Specifically, U16, U17, and U18. Check for solder issues and then try different ICs. Are you using ICs with a -12 speed rating or lower?

Lastly, check U8 (if you installed one/modded an XP100) sometimes... bad solder joints or bad connections can cause strange issues.

Good Luck!  ;)

MüThing

I used a 27C1001, I'm not quite sure of the speed rating of it but I can only assume it was the correct speed for this application since I bought it from Marmaliser instead of burning it myself.

Very much the same situation with the RAM chips, they were the same NEC Japan chips that came with the pedal (XP-400) and along with a fourth one of the same type they all worked perfectly fine when using the separate EPROMs.

As for U8, I'm not using a 100 for this so that shouldn't be an issue.

I was about to post several photos like I said I would, so you can check out the pile of spaghetti that is my wiring. I should note that I followed the wiring schematic in the 2 part PDF aside from the indicator LEDs.

Quotehttps://dl2.pushbulletusercontent.com/4tzBsBdqW5at0wGSLudyJPP3S8uV7TfU/IMAG0191.jpg
https://dl2.pushbulletusercontent.com/z7ZDcbA6S51JrXkUGPsPdr6HOLGdwdsW/IMAG0194.jpg
https://dl2.pushbulletusercontent.com/vTgLlVris27xpvJ0jN4Yha11qb5VG6V9/IMAG0196.jpg
https://dl2.pushbulletusercontent.com/OIlX8CxfH3gpCEwu3zqR5dc6BTuElr2T/IMAG0192.jpg
https://dl2.pushbulletusercontent.com/f2kzzrtP58HXdWxArNc5xplpcZtjKMJu/IMAG0193.jpg
https://dl2.pushbulletusercontent.com/GXPlfOb62hEeftkPCg51LoFfvDE03a35/IMAG0195.jpg

MüThing

I finally got my XP-All+ up and running with all the programs working, after putting it off for the longest time.

I took another look at it and found that I had the same issue with mine as Mitchschaft had, whereby none of the other channels would work if the XP was booted up with the switch in XP100 mode. Unfortunately I had to fix this but cutting the wires from the relay to the R30 pad (which proves that the alternative I did of placing the wires on pins 2 and 3 of the transistor directly beneath it provides the same effect).

I also had an issue whereby both the 300 and 400 switch modes would output the audio of the 400, I narrowed this issue down to a jumper that wasn't connected properly to pin 16 on the switch going to Pin 16 on the 27C1001. Thanks for all the info and help you have all shared!

Ground Control

Quote from: Govmnt_Lacky on November 24, 2015, 10:28:17 AM
Just a heads up....

If anyone is looking for some EEPROMs (the 27C256) to be burned and shipped to you... hit me up with a PM. I have a ton of them and will not use all of them. Not free but.. we can work out the details.  8)

GL

Does this offer still stand?  If so I'll take a couple of them.
PM sent.