Author Topic: schem's to pcb  (Read 4818 times)

mewithyou

schem's to pcb
« on: June 12, 2007, 11:51:50 PM »
how do you guys take your schems and make them into pcb is there some sort of method or is it just a lot of time

thanks jeff

CGDARK

Re: schem's to pcb
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2007, 12:10:36 AM »
First you have to know the effect very well (or at least some knowledge about the effect type) in order to know where to put the various sections of the effect. Some trial an error will help but nothing like the experience to do the job. You have to practice like you do on your instrument that's the only way out. Try to begin with a simple effect like a jfet booster or even a fuzz circuit then you move to more complicated ones like od, dist, chorus, flanger, delays, tube amps and when you reach this point there's no way out; you have become a DIY junkie. So start practicing and you'll see the results in no time.

CG ;D

mewithyou

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2007, 12:17:01 AM »
thanks so i just have to learn and almost memorize circuits and then i Will be good? where can i go to learn how the circuits work I'm lost when i look at the schems like i can tell what is what but i dint know why?
what should i do about this?

aron

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2007, 01:17:13 AM »
Start by reading the Wiki and then trying this beginner project.

http://diystompboxes.com/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page

CGDARK

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2007, 06:34:37 AM »
No, you don't have to memorize circuits, but must know how them work. Check out what Aron reccomended and if you have any more questions just ask and I will try to help you.

CG
« Last Edit: June 13, 2007, 07:12:37 AM by CGDARK »

mewithyou

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2007, 09:32:55 PM »
thank you very much

mewithyou

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2007, 10:01:52 PM »
that stuff help put alot now i feel like i can lay out a perf board but i didnt find anything on pcb layout is it bad if i cant layout pcb or should i just start out on perf and move up?

what was that project aron i didnt see it sorry

thanks jeff

CGDARK

« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2007, 10:26:44 PM »
Hi, Jeff!

Check out the DIY Layout Creator software. With it you can do layouts for stripboard, perfboard and PCB just download it at:

http://www.storm-software.co.yu/diy/index.php?project=software

Here you can find some examples too:

http://www.storm-software.co.yu/diy/index.php?project=layouts

CG

mewithyou

« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2007, 11:30:25 PM »
ok i have the diy layout craetor is that just as good or do i want that one?

R.G.

« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2007, 12:00:52 AM »
I have a whole book on it - PCB Layout for Musical Effects - being printed. It tells you the whole scoop, starting with a schematic.

They'll be for sale at Small Bear electronics in the next week or two.
R.G.

Quick IQ Test: If anyone in a governmental position suspected that YOU had top-secret information on YOUR computer, how many minutes would you remain outside a jail cell?

mewithyou

« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2007, 12:55:36 AM »
off topic but w\e   what does 2M2 mean i cant find them in smallbear i laso cant find 4k7 and 2k2

aron

« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2007, 01:43:10 AM »