Increase volume in a boss OD-2: how?

Started by -frank-, June 25, 2007, 02:45:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

-frank-

Hi all, I have a OD-2 without remote control... I'd like to increse its volume cause now it is to low  :icon_sad:.... Here you can find schematic:

http://www.freeinfosociety.com/electronics/schemview.php?id=162

Any suggestion? Thank you!!!  :icon_biggrin:

-frank-

petemoore

ok..
  don't exceed the components voltage ratings [see that electrolytics are 16v or higher].
  Run it on 12vdc regulated supply.
  Raise the clipping threshold of the diodes by adding a series diode [where one was: --->l---, have two: --->l--->l---. Try a Ge diode in series with what you have, or other type.
  The other side of the clipping [diodes facing ---l<---l<---] already have two in series = fairly high clipping threshold, I didn't catch the type used/don't know the threshold.
  try one of these two ideas, the diode insertion might be easiest, unless you have a 15vdc WW and a 7812 voltage regulator handy. Measure that the applied voltage is less than component ratings.
  That should raise output 'some', other than that I'm having trouble identifying a gain stage, or how to increase it with a resistance adjustment...all the non source followers show 4k7 source R, and 2k2 drain R...[odd] quite possible I'm reading something backwards or not taking into account the various supply polarities or voltages or transistor orientations...it's a confusing map, I can only make out certain reference points.
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

wampcat1

Quote from: -frank- on June 25, 2007, 02:45:55 PM
Hi all, I have a OD-2 without remote control... I'd like to increse its volume cause now it is to low  :icon_sad:.... Here you can find schematic:

http://www.freeinfosociety.com/electronics/schemview.php?id=162

Any suggestion? Thank you!!!  :icon_biggrin:

not sure which channel you are wanting louder. First:
c35: 1uf
change vol pot to a 1meg

dist:
r35: 500k
c27: 2.2uf
r31: add 100uf cap in parallel

od:
r50:  add 100uf cap in parallel
add diode in series to d9 and d10
c34: 2.2uf

Hope that helps! :)

bw

Keep in mind, we are messing with gain, so it may get fuzzier when you turn the gain up now.

Steben

Very old thread,

Yet I am planning to have one in some days.

I stumbled upon something very simple for the TURBO channel = just flip R39 and R32. Instant volume boost!

The OD channel can be modded as any typical OD circuit by adding / changing diodes to get higher treshold.
  • SUPPORTER
Rules apply only for those who are not allowed to break them