Very simple question but...

Started by pott, June 28, 2007, 08:08:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pott

How do you cut perfboard..?

Back in Edinburgh I'm almost finished with a perboard pedal. I wanted to try first so I did it on a big sheet without cutting it, and obviously when it'll be done it'll need to be cut down.
I'm guessing a simple saw would do? Like a guitar nut saw? PCB can't be that strong no?

jlullo

you can use a razor and score it a bunch of times, and it will snap off easily.  the same with vero

jonathan

pott

Thanks! By Razor you mean those naked razor blades?
Would a cutter do..?

jlullo

i mean like the kind that you can push out of a tip and hold onto the handle...

any sort of device like that should work fine.

don't slip and cut yourself! :)

Hanglow

I just use my stanley knife, score it a few times then snap it.

It's best to cut it to size before you build

GibsonGM

I use a hacksaw to score across a bit, then snap it and work the cut edge on some 100 grit sandpaper.  Don't breathe the dust, it's not very good for you ;o)
  • SUPPORTER
MXR Dist +, TS9/808, Easyvibe, Big Muff Pi, Blues Breaker, Guv'nor.  MOSFace, MOS Boost,  BJT boosts - LPB-2, buffers, Phuncgnosis, FF, Orange Sunshine & others, Bazz Fuss, Tonemender, Little Gem, Orange Squeezer, Ruby Tuby, filters, octaves, trems...

96ecss

This is a great article on how to make pc boards from Small Bear. If you scroll down the article a little bit, you'll see a good picture of the "score and snap method" Even though Steve is using a pcb, you can apply the same technique to perf board. http://www.smallbearelec.com/HowTos/DirectPCBoards/DirectPCBoards.htm

Dave