Author Topic: DPDT (NO LED) connection. Is this correct???  (Read 6083 times)

cat

DPDT (NO LED) connection. Is this correct???
« on: August 24, 2006, 09:44:31 AM »
Hi, Ive read the articles on true bypass and DPDT's. I was wondering if the diagram Ive knocked up here (using aron's photos) is the correct way to hook up the beginner project with a DPDT switch and no LED?

Cat

Seljer

Re: DPDT (NO LED) connection. Is this correct???
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2006, 12:26:10 PM »
yep, that would be right

aron

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2006, 04:17:24 PM »
Looks good to me.

Thanks!

Aron

cat

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2006, 05:02:38 PM »
No problems  :D

Hope you didnt mind me stealing some of your images aron. I know a few people such as myself cant get a hold of 3PDT's so easily so I thought Id draw this up for those who only have DPDT's or cant be bothered with an LED  ;D

Cat

benjo09

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2007, 12:15:18 PM »
Sorry for bringing back an old thread and sorry if its posted elsewhere but I couldn't find the answer. Where would the LED connect in the circuit shown above?

Thanks

Ben

Muthauzem

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2007, 07:21:18 PM »
benjo09... It's a DPDT switch... There's no room for the LED in there without effecting the Pedal.

2 options:

1) Get a 3PDT switch...
2) Search for some info on bypass circuits, like the Millenium Bypass. It's a basic circuit that allow you to have true bypass and light a LED without severe changes in the effect but still using the DPDT.

For more info on the Millenium Bypass take a read at this -> http://www.geofex.com/Article_Folders/Millenium/millen.htm