Schematic of Xotic AC and/or RC Booster (searching for)

Started by Oliver, September 17, 2003, 09:20:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oliver

Hi Allz,

i am looking for the Schematic of the Xotic AC or RC Booster.
Does anyone know, where to find a Schematic??

Thanx
bye
Oliver
Only dead Fishes go with the flow... >-))))-°>

Oliver

Does no one know a Source for the Schematic, or even an equivalent?? FetBoost, MosBoost or what?

I'd like to learn, how to build a good quality Booster with tone and Gain.
Most Booster Schematics dont habe tone and Gain control, only Volume (level).

Or can i copy an existing ToneControl from an other Effekt and place it in my circuit? Im shure i can, but from witch existing Circuit?

any suggestion?

cu
Oliver
Only dead Fishes go with the flow... >-))))-°>

D Wagner

Oliver,

I think that I may have a schematic that will get you close to what you are looking for.  Just tack on a BMP tone control, and you are set.  I'll include the schematic for that, too.

My e-mail is  datilderek(insert at sign)excite(insert dot)com

Derek

cd

FYI I spent some time with an ungooped AC recently.  Since you want to learn, I will only provide some pointers to inspire you - at first glance, there's two transistors, a dual opamp, back/back clippnig diodes, so it must be a TS clone, right?  Nope, the circuit is very simple, logical, elegant, and original.  It's not a copy of any OD out there, unless you consider any feedback loop diode clipper a TS clone, which would be dumb.  Anyway, in the AC there is extensive pre-clipping EQ with the Treble/Bass controls coming post-clipping, like a Bassman or vintage Marshall amp - again, logical for extensive tone shaping, but most folks seem to be content with swapping out magic mojo parts instead (all the parts in the AC are what you'd find at Mouser or Small Bear, nothing stupidly esoteric.)  No idea on the transistors or opamp since the markings were sanded off.

More info on bass/treble controls can be found by googling "Baxandall".

gotdabluz

You might want to go to GGG and check out the Fat Boostered

http://www.generalguitargadgets.com/index.php?option=content&task=view&id=93&Itemid=121

. . . circut-wise it doesn't appear to be built like the AC as cd has described, it's functional goal appears similar . . . it is based on the AMZ Mini-booster

It has a Bass, Treble, Gain and Volume Control . . .  just like the AC Booster has

This might be worth playing with . . . think I might try it out myself . . . AND. . . I think Torchy has a veroboard layout for it on his site  :wink:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v220/veroboard/

Good luck

modmod

Quote from: cdFYI I spent some time with an ungooped AC recently.  Since you want to learn, I will only provide some pointers to inspire you - at first glance, there's two transistors, a dual opamp, back/back clippnig diodes, so it must be a TS clone, right?  Nope, the circuit is very simple, logical, elegant, and original.  It's not a copy of any OD out there, unless you consider any feedback loop diode clipper a TS clone, which would be dumb.  Anyway, in the AC there is extensive pre-clipping EQ with the Treble/Bass controls coming post-clipping, like a Bassman or vintage Marshall amp - again, logical for extensive tone shaping, but most folks seem to be content with swapping out magic mojo parts instead (all the parts in the AC are what you'd find at Mouser or Small Bear, nothing stupidly esoteric.)  No idea on the transistors or opamp since the markings were sanded off.

More info on bass/treble controls can be found by googling "Baxandall".

i wonder if there are diodes marked v4148 inside AC booster ? i found 8 of them in my RC,are they 1n4148 or something like zener ?

cd

I presume they're 4148s in the AC.  I could make out 148, the remaining number was under the diode and I couldn't make it out.  They were orange and black like 4148s.  Didn't have a voltmeter with me either to test the diode drop