Layout correct? (fuzz)

Started by carrejans, July 04, 2007, 04:01:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

carrejans

Hi all,

Are there any mistakes in this layout I made? Especially in the offboard wiring; I'm not sure if everything is correct.

Thanks...

Jan

Dan N

Looks O.K. at a glance. If we are looking at the back of the pots, you'll want to flip the wires so it gets louder and fuzzier when turning clockwise.

oskar

One of the voltages should be zero aight?!    :o

GREEN FUZ

Giving it a cursory glance and bearing in mind what`s already been pointed out, I would say it looks OK.

Which schematic are you working from? Am I going mad or is there one resistor too many?

Nitpicking here, you could solder C3 straight to the pot between the centre and ground lugs.

EDIT: Just realized, extra resistor is for the LED.

carrejans

- extra resistor for LED
- working from various schematics off the web

Is the wiring of the 3PDT correct? It's different then the method used at tonepad.

Here is the layout with the pot-wiring corrected:

Dan N

Oh yea, one end of your led goes to +9, and the other, when switched on, goes through a resistor to +9. I guess move the blue wire from the switch to the -9/R1/R2 junction.

carrejans

Quote from: Dan N on July 04, 2007, 07:27:41 PM
Oh yea, one end of your led goes to +9, and the other, when switched on, goes through a resistor to +9. I guess move the blue wire from the switch to the -9/R1/R2 junction.

Thanks, stupid mistake.  ::)

Thanks for all the help. Hope it is ok now. First time I used this software; very easy in use actually.

carrejans

Ok, so I soldered this thing today; and it doesn't work.  ;D
Even in bypass mode, I don't have any sound.
This is the latest layout I used:

So, I'm thinking the problem has something to do with:
- the wiring of the 3PDT
- the wiring of the jacks

Anyone who can see the problem?
thanks

carrejans

I think the problem is the wiring of the input jack. Can anyone help me to do it correct?

TIP: board input
RING: battery + (because PNP)
SLEEVE: board ground

carrejans

foxfire

try this, http://buildyourownclone.com/benderinstructions.pdf. this is how byoc wires up their pnp tone bender. just scroll down to the page on wiring.

carrejans

Thanks for the link.
So I guess, it's like this:

Correct?

carrejans

After reading some info on the web.
The ring and the sleeve connect when your guitar is plugged in. So is there any difference between:
- battery to sleeve, ground to ring
and
- battery to ring, ground to sleeve

Thanks for the help.

GREEN FUZ

I think that`s right now. I`m not sure of the conventions used in your layout software but the +9v should go to the ring while the sleeve goes to ground.

carrejans

Finally, it works. And it really sounds great. I didn't expect that major sound difference from my Boss BluesDriver.

Tips for others:
- use instrument cables that aren't broke!  ::)
- don't use the guitar with the broken pot!  ::)  ::)

Thanks for all the help!

GREEN FUZ

carrejans

Final layout. (if anyone is interested)

carrejans