What effect? Motorhead question

Started by Cardboard Tube Samurai, July 05, 2007, 04:08:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cardboard Tube Samurai

In Motorhead's "Damage Case" there is a reverb-type sound on the solo. Anyone have any ideas what effect is used there or what effect I can use/build to get something similar?

Cardboard Tube Samurai

Hey, quit crowding the thread guys  :P

StephenGiles

Don't be impatient, your mother waited 9 months for you!
"I want my meat burned, like St Joan. Bring me pickles and vicious mustards to pierce the tongue like Cardigan's Lancers.".

tcobretti

I just listened to a pretty bad quality version over at youtube, but from that poor quality recording it sounds to me like the old Brian May trick of cranking the amp in a smallish room and putting the mic about 8-10 feet away so it picks up a lot of the room sound.  You could try using a very tight reverb but cranking the depth way up so most of what you hear is reverb, or maybe add a superfast slapback delay so it isn't recognizable as echo but it still affects the tone.

Cardboard Tube Samurai

Quote from: tcobretti on July 05, 2007, 01:08:30 PM
I just listened to a pretty bad quality version over at youtube, but from that poor quality recording it sounds to me like the old Brian May trick of cranking the amp in a smallish room and putting the mic about 8-10 feet away so it picks up a lot of the room sound.  You could try using a very tight reverb but cranking the depth way up so most of what you hear is reverb, or maybe add a superfast slapback delay so it isn't recognizable as echo but it still affects the tone.

Kind of what I was thinking. So the Rebote or Rebote 2 should cut the mustard?

tcobretti

Maybe.  I would say the echo should be so short that it almost flanges.  I haven't built the rebote, so I can't say if it's qualified.