Question For Fulldrive 2 Owners

Started by 96ecss, July 06, 2007, 10:44:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

96ecss

A friend of mine has a Fulltone Fulldrive 2. It's the one with the Flat-Mids option with the little toggle switch between the Tone and Overdrive knobs. It has 3 settings; Up - Comp Cut, Middle - Flat Mids and Down - Vintage. It is NOT the newer Mosfet version.

The problem is that the Overdrive knob only works as an Overdrive control on the Vintage setting. On Comp Cut and Flat Mids it just kinda works like a Volume control and a very limited Volume control at that. Is this normal for these? I've read some reviews and I did not come across a definitive answer.

My friend asked me to fix this "problem" but I'm not sure it even has a problem. So if anyone has any experience with these and could let me know if this is how it's supposed to work, it would be greatly appreciated.

Dave

antojado

I've never had a fulldrive, but since it's supposed to be a TS clone with some mods I would expect the controls to act like TS controls. You might try doing some debugging and see if your measured values are close to TS values.

grolschie

96ecss

I have that schem but it's different than the pedal I have here. I know it's a TS clone. A stock TS doesn't have the flat mids or comp cut switch that this has, so what can I compare? The OD control works fine when in vintage mode. I'm just asking if it's normal to not add any OD in comp cut or flat mids mode.

Dave

spudulike

Try using the right schematic. If you trace through the switching you'll be able to test the FD2 you have.

96ecss

Thanks Spudulike. On quick glance it looks like what I needed. I'll be at the bar tonight with my friends band so I'll be in no condition to trace a schematic when I get home. I'll try to check it out tomorrow. Thanks again.

Dave