Versatile one knob dirt ?

Started by seadi123, April 06, 2014, 10:16:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

seadi123

Hello everyone , i'm looking for an one knob dirt circuit , that goes from "some dirt" to "very dirty" , without changing the guitar volume . I want to build it in my guitar so it has to be a small circuit . I'm looking forward to build something like this :

Pickups > PU Switch > Tillman Preamp > One Knob Dirt > Tone Stack > LM386 with volume control

The dirt will have a bypass switch , so 3 knobs and 2 switches total . It can be either distortion or fuzz , but it has to go from small amount of overdrive to distortion . And i dont want to use the LM386 distortion because it sounds awful . Thanks

JebemMajke

seadi123

tommycataus

The original DA Fuzz Face is a pretty small circuit and can get some nice varied results depending on the transistors used. You can breadboard it in minutes and switch trannies until you get something you like - just keep the gain knob and use a trim pot in place of the volume to set the desired level.

If you can get your hands on a push-push pot this would be ideal for switching between bypass and effect mid-song, and then adjusting the gain to your heart's content.
"Remember, there's a big difference between kneeling down and bending over." - FZ