stompbox for chorus effect on acoustic guitar...

Started by wheelsock8, July 09, 2007, 08:13:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wheelsock8

I recently put together a simple extension box for my friend, who uses a fender acoustic with a fishman soundhole pickup and a roland keyboard amp. Since I already have the enclosure all taken care of, I offered to build him an effect to drop into it. He plays rock and also sometimes leads a choir at church.

He currently uses no effects. Any suggestions for a first effect for his acoustic, if not chorus?

Also, any recommendations on what chorus pedal project might work best for an acoustic? Needs to be flexible though, as he's saving up for an electric.

Thanks.

Processaurus

Either a compressor or a boost with a footswitch would be really useful for acoustic guitar, to get it so picked single note lines aren't way quieter than strummed chords.  The compressor will do that automatically, the booster just when you want it. 

wheelsock8

Good point. I thought about that, though I thought that since he will acommpanying vocalists and playing mostly rhythm stuff he might want something that just gives a little more texture to his sound. I will probably be building a compressor anyway so maybe i'll try it with his fishman...