rebote head scratcher

Started by turing, July 16, 2007, 08:12:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

turing

hola. just finished a rather tasty dual pedal, with an anderton tube fuzz followed by the rebote 2.5 delay. both sounding fantastic independently, but when i put them together in the same box the delay seems to massively attenuate the signal level. even with the fuzz in true bypass, and the balance on the delay set all the way to dry, the input signal is about halved. the circuit seems to be working fine, what i can still hear is right, and before i mounted it in the box it was fine. how could this be? is there (hopefully) some simple thing i've overlooked? i actually remade the delay because the first one was a dud and i debugging is my least favourite/accomplished thing in the world.
any help gratefully received..

turing

anyone? driving me crazy.............2 pedals that work, sound great, but won't co=operate. it must be something really fundamental, i just don't really know where to start looking.

Jaicen_solo

Two things i'd look for first would be wiring errors, then i'd look to see if either had pull down resistors at the input and outputs. It's possible that if one has a low (say 10K) output resistor to ground, that could short the input resistor of the following effect (generally 1M), which could produce a signal loss.

turing

thanks man. i'll check that out. so would i swap out the offending output res for something much smaller?