TECH21 Sansamp BassDriver DI (or something like that) *SCHEM*

Started by Shakal, July 22, 2007, 10:23:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kornell

Shakal

Very nice "chara" !

U will search for TL07*, then I'll build!

Thanks a loooooooot!  ;D

Shakal

Err... I don't see a real use for the XLR output for me, I know that it's better to have than not to have but... That adds more money for the cause, an IC, some Resistors and Caps, a XLR socket. I'll get an estimate of the project and see if, for me, XLR output would worth it.

If I decide it wouldn't, then I'll make a new PCB layout based on yours, if you let me. OK?

Thanks!

12afael

shakal, if you don´t want the balanced output just don´t put the ic4, c26 , c30, c28, r38, r39, r35, r36, r44 and r43.

I think the balanced output is a very good issue to this box, it is usually used to record on recording studios that use balanced inputs. if your bass have a XLR input you can use it and you will have less noise. if you are in a stage without an amp you can use the PA and if you have an amp you can have an extra sound for the mix.

QuoteIf I decide it wouldn't, then I'll make a new PCB layout based on yours, if you let me. OK?
no problem

12afael

the PCB is being tested at this moment by a friend. we found that C20 was backward. now it is corrected on pcb vercion 2.0. the pcb is the same.

plexilandia.googlepages.com

12afael

new revision drive and treble were backwards too. :icon_redface: just in case you want to wire the pots directly on the board.
we have another issue. when the level and blend are at max the unit don´t pass audio. it´s like a bad biased device, maybe there is a resistor missing on the triangula ear schematic.

Rafael

Shakal

Common mistakes for first versions... Don't worry, nobody will kill you!   :D

The thing about XLR is that I'm not a professional bass player, yet... But I'll think about it later.

Hey, just curious... Where do you live?

Shakal

Shakal

Hey, how it sounded? There is any other issue to solve? Did you found the error about the missing resistor?

12afael

it seem to sound good , my friend that test it is from other city . the issue is when he blend is full clean and the vol at max, I`m working on this.

Kornell

Kornell

To George Giblet:

On the bdi21_lite schem you wrote abot the HPF formed by the blend pot and C14. Can you explain me a little more this?
      The circuit filters more  the processed signal as we blend more clean signal? Is that correct?

Thanks. :)

By the way, I think i'm going to mix the gt-2 and bassdriver (look SO similar) so I can use the MIC switch.

The OFF AXIS is near identical to the bassdriver. Using th CLASSIC position I can add the mids control that STM posted some time ago.

Image from http://www.sugardas.lt/~igoramps/article65.htm

12afael

at this moment I only know of two units that use the pcb that I made. both have a issue with the blend control, yesterday I test one of theses units, and it sound fantastic. just I need to buy a 1mm drill to build mine. the owner of this unit say that it sound really different that the gt2.

I must build it to try to fix the blend control. still I don`t know what is happening I suppose that the output is goin to one rail. I have a amek2500eq clone with a similar problem.

Kornell

Quote from: 12afael on August 31, 2007, 10:35:23 PM
I must build it to try to fix the blend control. still I don`t know what is happening I suppose that the output is goin to one rail. I have a amek2500eq clone with a similar problem.

English version:

Looking to other blenders schematics, wouldn't be necesary to put a capacitor from the clean buffered signal to the lug of the blend pot?

Spanish version:

Así me explico mejor. ;) Es que viendo otros blenders como el paralooper o el de ROG cuando mezclan la señal limpia con la de efecto antes del pote en cada lado hay un condensador. ¿Has probado a insertar uno?

12afael

I working right now mounting parts on the pcb, I will do some test to fix the problem.

saludos
12afael

Shakal

12afael

I only need two caps to make it work. I hope to finish it this weekend.

Shakal

Wow! I'm glad u made it, compadre!

I'm just waiting you to send the green sign and then I'll build it!

Thanks, see ya!

blackbirdneo